shape
carat
color
clarity

Just purchased a thin eternity band from LOGR.... opinion?

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
I don't have the ring yet, I should be recieving it sometime next week.

But I wanted to ask the more seasoned PSers, or folks that have used LOGR before.

Do they provide quality products?
I was hoping to buy this one ring (rose gold) and if I really liked it, buy a white gold one to stack with my engagement ring.

Below is the link to the ring I am talking about.. you can choose from different sizes and metals.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250938959132?var=550060472761&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Just purchased a thin eternity band from LOGR.... opinio

Quality for the price, yes. Quality compared to some higher end pieces, no. Then again, nicer ones will cost at least 2x or 3x more. In general, I always upgrade their SI melees since their SI melees are hit or miss (some are cloudy or has black specks).

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1366032883|3427201 said:
Quality for the price, yes. Quality compared to some higher end pieces, no. Then again, nicer ones will cost at least 2x or 3x more. In general, I always upgrade their SI melees since their SI melees are hit or miss (some are cloudy or has black specks).

Yup I couldn't agree more. I have purchased probably 8 or 9 settings from LOGR. I would always upgrade (the few times I haven't, I have regretted it). I think you definitely get what you pay for and LOGR has some nice pieces but you can't compare them to the quality you would get if you purchased a band from BGD or WF. Still they are nice and if are just looking for some fun stackers then I would recommend getting one.

They do have a pretty good return policey so if you hate it just send it back.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

Would it have helped that I sent them a message asking that the diamonds be Pricescope quality?
I did mention that I expected SI quality diamonds (I've seen SI diamonds on micro eternity bands, and they are quite sparkly) and nothing cloudy or less than what the listing said.
Of course I said it in a nice way (not demanding).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am sorry to say that it would do little good to make such a request. Way back then, LOGR's SI melees were very clean and sparkly but as of a few years ago, they started becoming a mixed bag. No matter how high the colour and clarity, the cut will never be up to par with the super ideals from WF and BGD and the like.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Nyc2chigal|1366033795|3427206 said:
Would it have helped that I sent them a message asking that the diamonds be Pricescope quality?
I did mention that I expected SI quality diamonds (I've seen SI diamonds on micro eternity bands, and they are quite sparkly) and nothing cloudy or less than what the listing said.
Of course I said it in a nice way (not demanding).

LOGR is in China and honestly if you asked for PS quality they wouldn't understand what you were talking about. They are not a prefered vendor where customer serivce is their highest priority. They make decent settings and sell at a good price point. While many PSers buy from them I doubt we are their bread and butter. Asking for PS quality really only works at IDJ and after some recent threads I would even question that.

LOGR used to be much better years ago like Chrono said. Honestly just upgrade the diamonds. it is still a good price regardless. I wouldn't cheap out on that element. You know the saying you get what you pay for.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

LOGR's owner is familiar with PS but your request won't matter. They are a mass business - don't be mistaken that it is about quantity over quality. You can't expect to pay low prices for exceptional products and services.

I have not bought from LOGR in a few years. I have over 30 settings from there and I am actually very happy with them. I have a really pretty round and princess cut band from them (paid a few hundred) and I adore it even though the princess cuts are warm (but well cut).

What size is your finger? Fortekitty has a lovely size 4.5 eternity band for sale and it's priced pretty compareable.

Another option for you is to browse ebay for used items. I often see Scott Kay or even Simon G bands for sale at good prices.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

Well,
I'm glad to hear their return policy is good.
I hope I don't have to, but good to know I won't be stuck with it if I don't like the quality.
Depending on what I get, I'll definitely look around some more.

I wish my finger size was 4.5! But it's 5.5.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

Does anyone know if LOGR provides partial refund?
I got the ring, and feel the diamonds are sub par (not SI), but the ring is cute.
I'd keep it, if I got at least a small % back. :confused:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Double check their refund policy. You should get a good portion back, minus resizing and/or customization fees.

ETA
Just realized that you meant about keeping the ring but getting a partial refund for the cloudy melees. Worth emailing LOGR about it. Sometimes they are open to this because of the shipping hassle.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

To my knowledge, there is no partial refund but doesn't hurt to ask.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

So I got a response back from LOGR via Ebay messaging, and was asked how much of a partial refund would I want?
I've never made such a request before, so not sure how much would be fair??
So I took my band to a jeweler yesterday and they said the diamonds are of I quality, rather than SI as stated in the listing.

I paid $279.

What do you think I should get back?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you get what you pay for generally--I would probably just return it and look for something with better quality melee. Even if you get a partial refund, the melee will still be cloudy. Unless you really love it as is, I would return.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Laila619|1366735819|3432980 said:
I think you get what you pay for generally--I would probably just return it and look for something with better quality melee. Even if you get a partial refund, the melee will still be cloudy. Unless you really love it as is, I would return.

Ditto. The other ladies did try to tell you that you absolutely had to upgrade the stones or they would be unacceptable. I would return it and either pay for better stones or look on ebay for higher quality bands like Simon G, etc. as someone has already suggested.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Why would you want to keep it if the diamonds are not of good quality? I would return it and order a new band with the upgraded stones. I have that band with the upgraded stones and I'm very happy with it. But I've ordered one item from them without upgrading and there is no way I could have been happy with that quality, even with a partial refund, so the ring went back.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

As with the rest, if you really like the band, I would return it and order a new one with upgraded melees. Over time, you are going to either keep looking at it with regret or end up hardly wearing it since the cloudly melees are already bothering you.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

Good point..

I was thinking of just using it as a right hand ring, but what's the point?

I'll just return it..

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock

I've been looking at rings from LOGR forever and was debating on purchasing this exact ring. I am really disappointed for you. Would you be willing to post a picture of the band?

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

antiquesparkler|1366761161|3433249 said:

No problem! =)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

I agree with the others, if you don't love it, then what's the point? It's certainly not money well spent. I say if you could love the ring then upgrade the stones and then sit back and enjoy it! =)

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

antiquesparkler|1366745439|3433093 said:
I've been looking at rings from LOGR forever and was debating on purchasing this exact ring. I am really disappointed for you. Would you be willing to post a picture of the band?

I will try to post pics of mine, sans upgrade.
The listing was for SI diamonds, but the ones in the ring I purchased are clearly not SI.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Dos anyone remember how much it adds to the cost to upgrade this band to VS melee?

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock

I thought I read somewhere $90?

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

The picture below is of the band I purchased.
The listing on Ebay stated the diamonds are SI, but they clearly are not.
Look at the contrast in quality compared to halos on my ring (VS).

_5782.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Most places' SI quality is really equivalent to an I clarity. It isn't surprising that LOGR is no different. It's been a while since I purchased Chinese made settings but the upgrade cost of melees was quite minimal, something around $100 to $200 per carat, I think. It usually doesn't add a lot to the total price unless the setting has a ton of diamond accents aka diamond encrusted.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1366811144|3433618 said:
Most places' SI quality is really equivalent to an I clarity. It isn't surprising that LOGR is no different. It's been a while since I purchased Chinese made settings but the upgrade cost of melees was quite minimal, something around $100 to $200 per carat, I think. It usually doesn't add a lot to the total price unless the setting has a ton of diamond accents aka diamond encrusted.

Ditto. Most of the time I see something described as SI, I automatically lower it down to close to I unless it's some sort of well known brand where I can trust that SI really means SI and is not a euphemism for I stones.

I have a LOGR milgrain ring and upgraded the diamonds when I made the purchase. The upgrade cost was reasonable and I've been fine with the ring. Is it the same quality as the melee in my ering? No. But the cost was under $250 so I am not complaining and there are no cloudy stones either.

It's the milgrained band on top. Diamond quality on these by band is LOGR VS quality (which to me is really SI). Second band is a JAffe band and all the stones are well cut G VS. Third band I have no idea. Fourth band is an antique eternity I found with single cuts.

bands_2.jpg

Honestly, for the price, I'd just send it back and ask for the upgraded stones. You can't go wrong as you can still return it even if you don't like the upgraded stones so it doesn't hurt to try it.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

I am waiting to hear back from LOGR to see how much the upgrade would cost.

The lousy ring I got with 'I' quality diamonds was $289 (not $279 as I previously posted).

So if it's an extra $90 as someone else had mentioned to upgrade the stones, I hardly think it's a very good deal. What do you think?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results