shape
carat
color
clarity

Just had a meeting with Steven Kirsch!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I met with Steven this afternoon, finalized (I hope) the design of my ring a dropped off my current ring. Now the wait begins! First I want to say that meeting with Steven was a pleasure. He not only listened to what I wanted but also made some very exciting design suggestions. He drew a few sketches (Charmypoo, if you read this, he definitely does sketches for those of us who are clueless!) and then came up with an awesome gallery idea that I can’t quite describe but am really excited about. I also got to see some of his rings, which looked terrific even under a loupe (sorry I have no pictures!) but, man, his clients have tiny fingers, I couldn’t get any of them over my huge size 6 knuckle! Second, I know there has been some debate about how he makes his rings, so I made sure to ask and he assured me that the ring will be completely hand-forged, with no casting. Third, and this is where I need your help, I discussed and confirmed the following (in addition to the overal design, of course):
- Width/height of the shank
- Pave size and type
- Halo angle
- The way the stone will be set

Am I missing anything else that I should bring up before he starts working on the ring? Thanks so much!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Alene, I am so happy that your meeting with well, and things seem to moving ahead for you. Now I demand you to stop looking at other designs!! Focus on this one and all the little details that are going to make it perfect! :love: I think it sounds like you have your bases covered, but what do I know, I haven't started the process before. :)) I'm excited for you and can't wait to follow your journey!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Christina! I'm really excited to be finally going through with it! I'm hoping to be able to follow your reset process very soon too!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: YAY! I can't wait to see what your ring looks like! I'm very excited for you.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Gypsy! Actually, it's going to be not unlike yours! I really have to thank you because your reset/remake thread was enormously helpful. I'm going with the same basic idea, plain cathedral shank, very small (half-pointers) in the halo. Can't wait!

trueblue101

Shiny_Rock
alene|1339031880|3210844 said:
I met with Steven this afternoon, finalized (I hope) the design of my ring a dropped off my current ring. Now the wait begins! First I want to say that meeting with Steven was a pleasure. He not only listened to what I wanted but also made some very exciting design suggestions. He drew a few sketches (Charmypoo, if you read this, he definitely does sketches for those of us who are clueless!) and then came up with an awesome gallery idea that I can’t quite describe but am really excited about. I also got to see some of his rings, which looked terrific even under a loupe (sorry I have no pictures!) but, man, his clients have tiny fingers, I couldn’t get any of them over my huge size 6 knuckle! Second, I know there has been some debate about how he makes his rings, so I made sure to ask and he assured me that the ring will be completely hand-forged, with no casting. Third, and this is where I need your help, I discussed and confirmed the following (in addition to the overal design, of course):
- Width/height of the shank
- Pave size and type
- Halo angle
- The way the stone will be set

Am I missing anything else that I should bring up before he starts working on the ring? Thanks so much!

Hi Alene,

That is such exciting news! I met with Steven (but ended up going with Leon) and he was a pleasure to meet with (and quite handsome :)).

You may want to specify the type of prongs that you want.

Go0d luck and I cannot wait to see the finished product!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Yes - very handsome .. I think we discussed this before too :razz:

I find him very creative and I like him a lot and about to start another project with him (once I have time to make it to the NYC). Good to know he sketches too ... I didn't need one as I was just making a band.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1339076673|3211136 said:
Yes - very handsome .. I think we discussed this before too :razz:

I find him very creative and I like him a lot and about to start another project with him (once I have time to make it to the NYC). Good to know he sketches too ... I didn't need one as I was just making a band.
haha I remember people saying he was good looking!

can't wait to see your ring :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results