shape
carat
color
clarity

Jubliee vs. Queen of Hearts in person

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Hiya

I''m wondering how different these 2 stones would look in person around the 1.5 ct mark? I''ve studied the blown up images and understand that it''s a totally different facet pattern, but I''m still thinking that in a real life size they may look pretty similar?

I ask because I''m now leaning toward a square stone and would want to go with one of the modified squares if I went this route. I understand that Jubilees are the newest, and that people are more excited about their optical performance. But, I actually prefer the really square outline of the QOH. Also, with Jubilees being in the kind of demand that they are right now, I think it would be harder to get one in my specs.

So my question is, has anyone seen the 2 stones side by side in person, and is the difference in cut pattern / optical performance that noticeable in a real life situation?

Also, I know the tables on the QOH''s are HUGE, and that people have mentioned that this could create a dead look in the center. Any comments on whether this holds true when these stones are viewed in person?

Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand that there are more Jubilees coming in. Are you in a rush? If not, you probably will be able to find a Jube that meets you specs. I haven't seen a QoH in person so I cannot comment on that. Just to throw a wrench into the loop if you want something "squarer", I've attached a picture of the Square Cushion H&A side by side with a Jubilee H&A.

Squares.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I haven't seen either in person. I love em both. The only thing is- in the pictures, there looks to be some weird area in the center of the QOH. I don't know how to explain it. The jubilee doesn't have it....I love the jubilee...then again, I'd take either! Have you thought about a square cushion? Mine (2.14) has a depth of 64.1 and it's the size of a 2.57 jubilee listed on GOG..I'm sure GOG and other vendors can get you one if you wanted to go square cushion! (p.s. it's a more modern version so it looks just like a round to me)
GOG actually has the H&A cushion too!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hehehehe....here is an example...this one is a G...I'd go lower in color and clarity in a pendant...and it's a teensy bit rectangular...but it's an example..check out the grading report...I'm tellin ya..looks and performs just like a round in person !!!
lickout.gif
It KICKS BUTT! Might be a cheaper than the jubilee http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00270731&item=2_16&filter_id=0&sec=&query=&page=1&sortby=ranking

Any vendor, including GOG, can get ya one!

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
The setting will effect how "square" the diamond looks. The setting I picked for my GF's e-ring made the Jubilee look totally square. You couldn't tell it had cut corners.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MMM... thanks for the kind words!
1.gif

Hi Katrina,

Side by side there is a difference between the Queen & Jubilee. If you drop us an email we'll forward pics of the 2 side by side for ya when we get into the store tomorrow for comparison. In the meantime you can do a virtual comparison via our "virtual models" which are based on actual scans of the diamonds themselves & imported into the MSU DiamCalc software where you can view them under jewelry store lighting, office lighting and "disco" (or direct) lighting. Once loaded into the GemAdvisor software you can hit the play button and have both shapes rocking before your eyes for a "virtual peek". I'll attach both files for ya here in these posts for convenience but you'll need to download and first install the GemAdvisor software which you can get for free at this link. The file in this attachment is of a Jubilee. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• JUB1003ISI1-GEM.gem
    11.9 KB · Views: 15

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's a model of a Queen we scanned in recently. I would say to open both files and have them both playing before you. Then move about another foot away from your monitor as you observe.

Attachments

• QOH151ISI1-GEM.gem
    12.7 KB · Views: 10

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I've tried to download that software before at home to no avail, but I will try again. I'm sure I can make it work!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This comes from Jonathan
1.gif
The different cuts of the QOH and Jubilee show clearly, but... is one more square than the other ? The QOH with larger tables seem more "square", but this one is not among them, IMO.

QoHJbRt6.JPG

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I like the square cushion the best then the jubilee. It really stinks that the prices are not listed on GOG's site. I bet he'd have more sales if he could list prices. Take me.......if I came across something I liked and the price was right, I might buy it........but I'm not going to keep emailing and emailing for prices on every single stone.

Anyway........I wish you luck on your search!

Jaime

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
thanks all. based on these big magnified pictures, I definitely understand that they are different stones. they have very different looks at this magnification, that's for sure. I'm just wondering if in person, when we're talking around 7 mm, the difference would be really noticable, or if they would look pretty darn similar. Is there a totally different look and feel to these stones in real life?

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Jonathan,

I download the free version of the software, and then when I go to play the file, it says it can only be supported by the full paid version and directs me back to register and pay for the software.

Isn't it supposed to work from the free version?

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong!

Thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/19/2004 12:20:45 AM katrina_33 wrote:

based on these big magnified pictures, I definitely understand that they are different stones. ----------------

I don't think this can be answered by a picture file. At best you could collect impressions if anyone considered precisely these two themselves or... you could ask Jonathan for a less magnified picture with two diamonds of comparable size lined between two fingers.

Cut to similar proportions, these two should look close. However, a QOH with a large table and a Jubilee with a small one would be noticeable different, IMO.

Just my 0.2, of course. I wish there was a better way to present little gems online
nono.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/19/2004 12:29:14 AM katrina_33 wrote:

I download the free version of the software, and then when I go to play the file, it says it can only be supported by the full paid version
----------------

I only got a message that the files were made by a newer version of the GemAdviser but they can be opened. Below is a screenshot with the top down images of the two diamond cuts.
I hope I am not interfearing too much into your chat with Jonathan - I am quite fascinated by how these harts and arrows squares evolve
1.gif

JQGem.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results