shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry Store Going Out of Business Sale

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Daughter had a swim meet in a town about an hour''s drive away. We spent some time after the meet looking around a few shops. There happened to be a jewelry store going out of business, and I just couldn''t resist. I had to go in.

They had a lot of little baubles, necklaces, "playful" rings, pins, and pendants. The usual run of the mill stuff. Some very attractive, some not. The sale prices looked to me to be what average normal retail should be for most of the stuff.

Three items did really jump out at me as totally rediculous. I didn''t ask to see any of them, just looking in the case.

They had a 1 carat total weight pair of diamond studs. IGI Mini Certed as G/H in color. They measured 5mm each in diameter, so that was about right. They were fairly sparkly under the jewelry store lighting. But, looking dead on, down thru the tables of both diamonds, they were dark in the center. Regular suggested retail was posted at $7,000. On sale for $3,500.
4.gif

A 2 carat total weight pair of diamond studs. This one is a Hoot! IGI Mini Certed again, this time F/G in color. Measuring 6.2mm each in diameter. Honestly I didn''t look the diamonds all that well other than to note that they too sparkled a bit under the jewelry store lighting. I was too astounded by something else. The price tag. Regular suggested retail $35,000. Sale price, $17,500! 6.2mm diameters??? Only $17,000???
eek.gif

And last, but most definitely not least. An invisible set, 2 carat total weight, 14 kt white gold ring. Cloudy, milky diamonds that emitted a pinkish hue. Regular suggested retail, $23,500. On sale for a mere $13,500!
6.gif

Daughter grabbed me and held me back! I tried to whip out that credit card right then! Waaahhhaaahhaaa! NOT!
naughty.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
(Sniff) You just don't know a good deal when you see one!

HAHHAHAAAAAA!

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I swear I need a Xanax when I see stuff like that in stores. Anxiety city.
sad.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
It was unreal! Stuff that would normally sell for $200 or $300 most anywhere had these super inflated "Suggested Retail Prices" of $600, $700, $800 or more. And then the "reduced for quick Sale" Price was more like normal retail.
6.gif

Oh, and I even think there was shill in the store. There was a lady there busying around asking about this bauble and then that one. She called on of the men by his first name, and raved in a louder than normal voice about the deals to be had, "Especially at Christmas!" "Great for gift giving."
naughty.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Want to bet they are back in business under a slightly different name in a different location within a month? :}

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You think you're too good for those 2c earrings? Snob!

It's all about the size.
rodent.gif
That or the D/IF stone that I must wish I had....
rolleyes.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I'd love to wear 2 ct tw diamond studs, but,.... For that price I could buy super duper loupers or H&A's, completely Certed/authenticated and verified diamonds, have much bigger looking studs, and get a vacation outa the deal! Of course, I'd have to drop a bit below D, IF to get that but,.....

Now those would be some studs that rock! You think anyone would even see my face or would they just be blinded by the light??!! HeeeHeee!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results