shape
carat
color
clarity

JBEG Signature Settings are coming back!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I was enjoying some morning eye candy with my coffee cruising around JBEG. As some of you know that had been following my thread on how to set my square EC, I had been considering an Art Deco look. I thought many of you would be very excited about this for all the beautiful antique diamonds acquired lately.
Here's a link:http://jewelsbyericagrace.com/jbeg_signature_settings

I just may end up with one of their gorgeous settings for my stone! Can't wait to see the new launch.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting is gorgeous. I like the way it will allow your stone to stand on its own, visually, from the top, but has just enough added interest so that it's not just a plain solitaire. Are you wanting to be able to wear a band next to it though? I think that setting would prohibit that. But who really cares, right? Would you do surprise sapphires or another stone (or color)?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
NIIIIIIIIIICE choice, Woofmama!!! I like that - classic, but with a modern twist; sleek, but with details that really pack a punch. Very nice!!! Love the "curly cue's" under the mount (I know they have a name - but I'm drawing a huge blank at the moment!! argh - hate it when my mind fails me...)

I know this wasn't the VC&A look you started with, but I still think this is TDF and really lets your stone stand out in a crowd while allowing a softer side to the EC cut. I'm sold on it!!! LOVE IT!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you love it as is... go for it. I would tweak it as follows: Gallery wires should not be visible from the top down view. And I would put milgrain on either side of the shank all around.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1345489809|3254462 said:
woofmama|1345469389|3254290 said:

I always thought that setting had a very high stance (height of table off finger). Something to think about/ask about.

Agree. If that weren't a JBEG setting, I would think the general consensus would be that it looks kind of awkward because it's set high.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm....thanks for pointing out that the stone would be set high. I'm not real keen on that. Prefer a mid level to low set center.
Also my stone is 1.09 ratio, not a rectangle as shown in the link. Both jewelers who I have taken it to kept calling it an asscher.
Sooooo would an asscher look okay in this setting & set lower? There is another Julia setting with a slightly off square AVC, perhaps it would look more like that in design. Of course that stone has a high crown and mine doesn't.

Okay so I'm not sure it's the one. Back to the drawing board. Thanks ladies!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
woofmama|1345509777|3254659 said:
Hmmmm....thanks for pointing out that the stone would be set high. I'm not real keen on that. Prefer a mid level to low set center.
Also my stone is 1.09 ratio, not a rectangle as shown in the link. Both jewelers who I have taken it to kept calling it an asscher.
Sooooo would an asscher look okay in this setting & set lower? There is another Julia setting with a slightly off square AVC, perhaps it would look more like that in design. Of course that stone has a high crown and mine doesn't.

Okay so I'm not sure it's the one. Back to the drawing board. Thanks ladies!

I don't know what the other looks like.

I looked at it again more closely. It is set high, but I think the different elements in the profile make it appear higher than it is? My Jeff Cooper is probably set close to that height (but not quite), but I don't feel it's too high. It's just that it doesn't have a bezeled stone, a swoopy thing, and and pave band all in one hit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results