shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fourseasons

Rough_Rock
First, I would like to thank Pricescope and fellow PSers who have helped me become a more confident diamond shopper.:)

Second, I would like to thank Mr. James Allen and his associates for giving me a nice buying experience + a very nice diamond ring. That said, I must also write that I was a little disappointed when Mr. Allen had promised to send me a scanned picture of the final result + his personal inspection before sending the product to me, but he never did send me the scanned picture to reassure me that the diamond would be well set. I had to say to myself that he was so busy that he absolutely forgot his word. OK, here''s the bigger disappointment. The six prongs (I requested to have a six-prong head instead of the four-prong head) holding the diamond are very obviously not well spaced--not symmetrical. I simply cannot understand why the craftsman who had created a very beautiful setting would alter the beauty of the whole package with unevenly spaced prongs. Am I too picky or critical? Well, maybe a little bit, but when I look at beauty I judge the whole package and give more weight to some details and less weight to some others. I don''t have a very good camera to capture the ring, so I''m posting the link to JamesAllen''s catalog. Here''s the setting that I chose for my ring.
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones.asp?module=setting&cid=58&item=506

The diamond that I bought from JA has the following specs from AGS cert.:

Measurements: 6.67 * 6.70 * 4.11
Cut: AGS O (Ideal)
Color: 0.5 (E)
Clarity: 6 (SI2)
Carat: 1.111
Flouro: None
Table: 55%
Depth: 61.5%
Crown Angle: 34.2
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Girdle: 0.9-1.2%
Culet: Pointed

That said, I''m very happy with my ring and certainly with the experience that I had with JA and his associates.

My fellow PSers, I will try to capture the beauty of my ring and post it here as soon as I can. :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you had a wonderful experience. I love the style of the ring. Please post hand shots once you get it.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Are the prongs fixed? If not, I would send it back because that would make me crazy. Also, you shouldn''t have to settle for that kind of workmanship.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
I got my diamond at James Allen as well and they had to re set it into prongs. I LOVED the diamond and the workmanship on my ring. Did you speak to anyone there regarding the prongs? I must say I was very impressed with Jim and everyone else at that company and I can''t imagine him not not helping to fix it should the problem be brought to his attention. Even with the prong issue it sounds like you got a great daimond. I second the photos!

irinaalexandrovna

Rough_Rock

Same happened to me: the mounting was not symmetrical and some promises not kept. However I decided to send the ring back and get it fixed: I want my ideal stone to be set in the ideal frame. Other than that the people at James Allen are indeed very polite and responsive

35.gif

Irina

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 2:04:05 PM
Author:fourseasons
First, I would like to thank Pricescope and fellow PSers who have helped me become a more confident diamond shopper.:)

Second, I would like to thank Mr. James Allen and his associates for giving me a nice buying experience + a very nice diamond ring. That said, I must also write that I was a little disappointed when Mr. Allen had promised to send me a scanned picture of the final result + his personal inspection before sending the product to me, but he never did send me the scanned picture to reassure me that the diamond would be well set. I had to say to myself that he was so busy that he absolutely forgot his word. OK, here''s the bigger disappointment. The six prongs (I requested to have a six-prong head instead of the four-prong head) holding the diamond are very obviously not well spaced--not symmetrical. I simply cannot understand why the craftsman who had created a very beautiful setting would alter the beauty of the whole package with unevenly spaced prongs. Am I too picky or critical? Well, maybe a little bit, but when I look at beauty I judge the whole package and give more weight to some details and less weight to some others. I don''t have a very good camera to capture the ring, so I''m posting the link to JamesAllen''s catalog. Here''s the setting that I chose for my ring.
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones.asp?module=setting&cid=58&item=506

The diamond that I bought from JA has the following specs from AGS cert.:

Measurements: 6.67 * 6.70 * 4.11
Cut: AGS O (Ideal)
Color: 0.5 (E)
Clarity: 6 (SI2)
Carat: 1.111
Flouro: None
Table: 55%
Depth: 61.5%
Crown Angle: 34.2
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Girdle: 0.9-1.2%
Culet: Pointed

That said, I''m very happy with my ring and certainly with the experience that I had with JA and his associates.

My fellow PSers, I will try to capture the beauty of my ring and post it here as soon as I can. :)
I say get it perfect--even good vendors make mistakes but we have to hold people accountable for a solid product...........it wasnt free!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
somehow I missed the part where you said the prongs were spaced unevenly. Nope, you''re not too picky, that would drive me insane. have them fix it
1.gif

ncanvasser

Rough_Rock
I received my WF tiffany style knife edge ring a couple days ago. When they sent me the picture of the finished product (see below) I was a little worried because it doesn''t look like the prongs are aligned symmetrically. However, when I actually got the ring and looked at it, this was very minute. From the side profile view, it is practically impossible to notice, but from the top you can still see the differences, but who is actually looking at the prongs from the top view anyway. I''m more interested in that icey white thing that the prongs are holding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results