shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rookiebuyer

Rough_Rock
Fred Cuellar says that the table/depth %age shouldnt be more than 65% (I cant even find one below 65).
The Jewelery store I visited said it should be 77 to 82%.
People here are split between > 70 and below 70!

I am confused!

Is it okay to have a large table?

Trinity

Rough_Rock
Well, I am not an expert in diamonds, but I agree with Fred Cuellar as far as the depth is concerned. Is the jewelry store your talking about in the mall? I get the sense that it is.
From what I understand, 70% is too deep. Making the stone look smaller in appearance then a properly cut stone of the same carat weight. I can't comment on the table. I am in the begining of learning about diamonds so I haven't got to the table yet, lol.

Not sure if this applies to all shapes. What shape are you interested in?
I am interested in what others have to say.

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
i think fred is talking about rounds. princess cuts are totally different.

rookiebuyer

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a princess.

When I look at a princess cut am I supposed to see the four lines at the bottom? or should it be like the shine is from the culet?

Trinity

Rough_Rock
Ahh, okay. Princess. I just pulled up this article and saw that the depth should be between 65% and 80%

check out this article.

http://www.drostes.com/princess-depth.html

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
In my opinion the depth's and table on a princess cut diamond should be in the low 70'a,in order to get the most brilliance .
Some stones that have a large table such as 76-82% might give a larger appearance than what the size is.not having the fire that a low 70's would give.

my2 cents

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGA arks 64%-75% depth for the first princess cut tier. Not sure I would gladly suffer the size loss for depth over 70 bar a very good argument from the sparkle department.

Is there an explanation why stones with large tables might appear larger? Say, why would a princess cut with 80% table would appear larger than one with 65% table, given the same face-up area for both ?

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Another important measure is the crown height - it should be at least 9% - you will find most Princess cuts have less than this.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
freddies book is worthless. There are amazing princess stones out there...and they are not 65/65. You go try to find a 65/65 too. You'll have grandkids by then!
1.gif
There are no set #s or bible when it comes to princess stone. I have found that the most amazing stones are not too deep and have a table around or less than depth. I won't go below 72 depth b/c the stone will look small. I am also looking for a table less than 69 or 70. You must see the stone to know if it's a good one. #s alone don't tell the story!
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
p.s. : any jeweler who actually suggest a depth of 77-82 is no one I'd ever do business with. That's probably all they carry (Cr*p)!
1.gif

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
I was just going to ask the same questions Ana! Why would a large table make the face of a diamond appear larger than one with a smaller table? You still see the corners at the top of the girdle. Can anyone comment on this? Diamondsman??

Colleen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results