shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this an ideal cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alias888

Rough_Rock
Total novice here. I''m just concerned by the depth. it''s seems a bit low comparing to what blue nile says is ''ideal'' which is say above 61. Does it matter that much? the HOA says 0.9 excellent. should I really be that concerned?

Round Brillant
6.53-6.57x3.92
1.01 carat
59.4 depth
57.4 table
33.7 crown
40.8 pavilion angle
thin to medium faceted girdle
no culet
ex/ex
vs2
G

How much of a difference would it be versus say a similiar stone at?
61.7 depth
55.1 table
33.9 crown
41 pavilioin angel

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
If you run those numbers through the cut adiser link at the top of the page the first diamond scores 0.8 EX/EX/EX/EX and the second one scores 1.3 EX/EX/VG/VG.

Both look really nice. Most people say anything under 2.0 is really good.

alias888

Rough_Rock
HOA 0.8 vs. 1.3

yeah, that's my issue. I just don't want to find out later that the stone I bought wasn't 'ideal' cut or some other thing that i don't really understand.

Does the depth really matter that much? Feels like I would be splitting hairs to ge the 'ideal' cut.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
The HCA is intended to weed out stones which are not likely to perform well. There's slop in Sarin measurements and so forth, as well, which is why you really only want to look at over/under 2 on there. So congratulations, you've found two stones which have every chance at looking great. You'll want to do a final sanity check with your eyes, but they have every chance of looking wonderful.

The first edges out the second by a bit, most likely... but now you want to check that it's eye-clean and perhaps get the stones shipped to an appraiser to look at them in person.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results