shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal princess cut for newbie

walkmen

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a princess cut diamond with good price performance. I have difficulty comparing the two that i have selected from a big online site.

First one:
Carat: 1.02
Color: E
Clarity: VS2
L/W ratio: 1.02
Depth:68.6%
Table: 71%
Measurement: 5.78 x 5.67 x 3.89 mm

Second one:
Carat: 1.02
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
L/W ratio: 1.00
Depth: 71.3%
Table: 69.0%
Measurement: 5.52 x 5.51 x 3.93 mm

Polish, Symm are both excellent, Fluorescence is none, both have Slightly Thick gridle. Both are eye clean.

The price difference of the two are >$1,000. It appears to me that the parameters of the two diamonds are so so similar! Can someone advise me which one should i choose?

scratch

Rough_Rock
Hi Walkman... sorry I have no idea about princess cuts but my guess is that the first option is the more exxy one, is that right? :/

Were you able to see pictures/videos of the diamonds at all or are they from BN?

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Without a scientific image (ASET) we can only make generalizations.

The first has a slightly larger spread, but the larger table might imply a lower crown height (?). Or maybe not, this depends on a number of factors.

The simple parameters you provide are like height and weight for a human. If you want to know more it's all guesswork. The angles for one or the other could help edge to edge brightness - or the angles for one or the other could cause serious leakage at the edges or under table.

Sorry for the reality-check, but there is simply no chance of assessing these for performance qualities without scientific images such as ASET.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results