shape
carat
color
clarity

I need an urgent opinion.. Am running out of time

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Riverrock

Rough_Rock
Hi pricescoppers,
Some of you probably rmmbr me from this thread
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/your-opinions-please-my-last-choice-very-close-to-buy.115759/

After taking the guys opinions I went ahead and ordered it & transferred the money. Just yesterday they told me that they received the amount but the diamond was SOLD!
29.gif

I was so annoyed.

Anyways I did not find anything and am really running out of time & I only found this diamond:
Depth: 61.9%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 34.5°
Crown Height: 15.0%
Pavilion Angle: 41.0°
Pavilion Depth: 43.5%
Star length: 45%
Lower Half: 75%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted (3.5%)
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

HCA score 1.8 EX/VG/VG/VG

I really need an expert opinion as soon as possible cz I need to make a transfer to cover for the difference and I dont want this one to sell as well.
20.gif

Thank you in advance

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
so they took your money and it then said it was sold?
38.gif
do you have IS of the stone? they should be able to hold the stone for you; you can usually call and reserve the stones (I think).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is awful. I would thimk they would hold it for you.

Riverrock

Rough_Rock
Well,what happened is that I called them and asked them to hold it for me until they receive the money. They gave me a vague impression that the diamond was sold but then they sent me an email saying that they will email the original vendor and that they held it and waiting. I sent the money and I called today to find out that the diamond was sold although they confirmed that they received the money.

I was really annoyed cz that diamond was just what I was looking for.

Unfortunately, this vendor does not supply IS images!
Iam just so confused and annoyed.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Riverrock

Rough_Rock
Skippy thank you very much for your GOG option.
The problem is that they have the money & in order for them to send me back the money & I make another transfer that will take time.

So the best thing to do is to find a diamond from the same vendor & the only one I found that got my attention was the one above. They have a 30 days money back guarantee. But Am mad that that one was .9 HCA & this one 1.8.

The other thing the diamond has an inscription of H&A. I know its most likely inscribed by the cutter and GIA just commented on it. But how knows what I might find!

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... let me see... you have a vendor that has your money and sells the stone right under your eyes even though you told him you wanted it and the money was on its way and you want to do business with him again? Well, your choice.

BTW Jon (and pretty much anybody else) will hold a stone for a week or two based on a minimal credit card deposit.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2009 12:35:43 AM
Author: Riverrock
Skippy thank you very much for your GOG option.
The problem is that they have the money & in order for them to send me back the money & I make another transfer that will take time.

So the best thing to do is to find a diamond from the same vendor & the only one I found that got my attention was the one above. They have a 30 days money back guarantee. But Am mad that that one was .9 HCA & this one 1.8.

The other thing the diamond has an inscription of H&A. I know its most likely inscribed by the cutter and GIA just commented on it. But how knows what I might find!
Which vendor was this if you don''t mind me asking? Maybe we could look there for diamonds for you, the one you posted really needs an Idealscope image if they can provide one. Also they should be able to send you a cheque very quickly for a refund.

Riverrock

Rough_Rock
oldmancoyote, Unfortunately its a known online dealer that has been on the market since 1999. I did actually find the same diamond being offered for sale on different websites including whiteflash & USA certed. But I decided to go ahead with the dealer because they had the best price for that diamond. I was kinda warned before the transfer that sombody else placed a hold on the diamond, before the email i received which said:"I am in the Diamond Department at xxxxx.com I have been informed of an International Wire Transfer as per order xxxxxx. I am coordinating to reinstate the hold on this diamond immediately.".

SO i kinda was expecting this to happen although Iam annoyed that they put my hopes up by sending the above email.
I will post a full review of the dealer and their name later.

Loreli,
Unfortunately, Iam not in the US, So issuing a check can take ages to cash ( up to 2 weeks!). A trasnfer would take up to a week, but to find another diamond & send another transfer and waiting until I receive the diamond can take ages as well. SO I thought of going ahead with the above diamond. If I like it and its what am looking for then Ill keep it, if not then tough luck and Ill have to delay my plans for a while and Ill return the diamond withing the 30 days money back guarantee, what do you think?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2009 5:46:09 AM
oldmancoyote, Unfortunately its a known online dealer that has been on the market since 1999. I did actually find the same diamond being offered for sale on different websites including whiteflash & USA certed. But I decided to go ahead with the dealer because they had the best price for that diamond. I was kinda warned before the transfer that sombody else placed a hold on the diamond, before the email i received which said:'I am in the Diamond Department at xxxxx.com I have been informed of an International Wire Transfer as per order xxxxxx. I am coordinating to reinstate the hold on this diamond immediately.'.

SO i kinda was expecting this to happen although Iam annoyed that they put my hopes up by sending the above email.
I will post a full review of the dealer and their name later.

Loreli,
Unfortunately, Iam not in the US, So issuing a check can take ages to cash ( up to 2 weeks!). A trasnfer would take up to a week, but to find another diamond & send another transfer and waiting until I receive the diamond can take ages as well. SO I thought of going ahead with the above diamond. If I like it and its what am looking for then Ill keep it, if not then tough luck and Ill have to delay my plans for a while and Ill return the diamond withing the 30 days money back guarantee, what do you think?
With GIA rounding the angles could cause light leakage or not depending on which way they are actually rounded, so you could take a look and see how it looks. See if the diamond goes dead away from bright lighting, if you can see a dark ring around the table or dark areas on the surface of the diamond.

What would really help is if you ordered an Idealscope if the seller won't provide an image and looked at the diamond with that.

http://www.ideal-scope.com/cart_zoom_item.asp?Id=2&ShowAdd=Y

Riverrock

Rough_Rock
Thank you loerli very much,I will definitely do that..

What about the impact of the star length with 75% lower half.

I have read something about clustering,any ideas?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 3:06:13 AM

stars are fine
lowers would be best in the 77% range which is in the 75% gia rounded number range.
This is a combo I would be much more comfortable with if I saw an IS image for it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2009 3:46:59 AM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 6/1/2009 3:06:13 AM

stars are fine
lowers would be best in the 77% range which is in the 75% gia rounded number range.
This is a combo I would be much more comfortable with if I saw an IS image for it.
Ditto storm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results