shape
carat
color
clarity

I like the diamond business

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sam2000

Rough_Rock
I am working with a friend who is in diamonds business for last three four years. I started working (part-time) with him a month ago and was able to give him a business of 14k. I want to learn more about this business but my friend dose not have much time to teach me as he is busy, so all the knowledge i get is from net or books.

What else can i do to master this line? I want to learn how to recognize a diamond ? Any suggestions

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GIA course ?

It is good into into the business environemnt too, much more than the close-byEuropean equivalents, I suspect. If you got into this forum, you are already rubbing (electronic) shoulders with a few GIA alumni, who could likely tell you this much from higher authority.

Besides, it's cheap (compared to Economics, at least!)
11.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Try looking up Gemology and mineralogy, as well as diamonds as a topic online for books. I recently purchased quite a few books on the subject of diamonds specifically and some on gemstones and jewelery.

There are many books out there that literally offer you a textbook of information on these things. Gemstone books even have an encyclopedic description of almost all types of gems and how to tell them apart, their characteristics, and where they can be found and what they can be cut like.

Either way, good luck. From what I learned, I was suprised to see that with ONLY my Price Scope knowledge I sadly knew more than a VERY large majority of the sellers on 47th Street. The cutters and the owners, as well as the gemologists seemed to be hidden with all their knowledge and skils. To sell, all you need to be is friendly, helpful and saavy, but it's great you want to learn, and you SHOULD!!! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results