shape
carat
color
clarity

How Much is Too Much Culet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
On a RB stone approximately .90-.91 in carat weight, would a .9 culet still be considered pointed or very small? Would it be better to find a stone with a smaller culet? In other words, what size culet is deemed acceptable for that size stone?

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
I had to reply to my own post to hopefully get some action here!! Is everyone afraid of this question or is the culet thing kind of a moot point (ha ha - no pun intended)?

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
If .9 is a percent (0.9%), then according to the info at the bottom of the HCA page, it is Very Small.

What that means completely eludes me :)

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
If that measurement is 0.9% (approximately 0.06 mm on a 90 point stone), then the culet would be of a "medium" size.

A diamond can have up to a "medium" size culet without being bumped out of the AGS 0 cut classification (with all other parameters in line, of course).

If the measurement is 0.09%, then the culet would be of a "very small" size.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
How come at the bottom of the HCA page where you plug in numbers, it says a Very Small cutlet is 0.45%-1.15%. Doesn't 0.9% fall into this category?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/10/2004 9:21:33 AM wonka27 wrote:

How come at the bottom of the HCA page where you plug in numbers, it says a Very Small cutlet is 0.45%-1.15%. Doesn't 0.9% fall into this category?----------------

Yes... but this is HCA wording, not AGS's... and the thing should not be visible at that size regardless of classification. When I saw the tytle of the post some old mine cut with a large window on the bottom came to mind
2.gif

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
Ok - Maybe I'm frantic about something that I don't have to worry about yet until I actually find a stone...I'm probably way ahead of myself. Thanks all, for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results