shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Should I trade?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
A couple of weeks ago, my boyfriend put a down payment on a diamond to go into a halo with the following specs:

Diamond #1
Report: AGS
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 0.848
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.6
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.1
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43.1
Girdle: medium to slight thick faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.05-6.09X3.74

Now I *love* this diamond, but could I have found a diamond that'd be better? I guess searching on pricescope has made me a bit concerned regarding my diamond's "I" color in a halo (which will most likely be surrounded by "Gs" or something higher), so I found this ES "F" that's only $200.00 more. Do diamond #2's numbers look better than diamond #1's? Diamond 1 scores a 1.4 on the HCA, diamond #2 scores a 1.5.

Diamond #2
Report: GIA
Carat: 0.81
Color: F
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 60.6
Table: 55
Crown Angle: 34.7
Crown %: 15.8
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion %: 43.1
Girdle: Thin Faceted
Polish: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.07-6.14X3.70

I can't make up my mind. Which would you choose, in all honesty? Is it worth $200.00 more (which is nothing, I know) to have diamond #2? They both have strong points. The thin facet on diamond #2 doesn't bother me, as it'll be going into a halo.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know much about RBs BUT I do have an I colored emerald cut and my side diamonds are G in color. I do not think there is a difference. I can only see slight color when my diamond is viewed at certain angles, in a halo that is eliminated so I think you should be find on color.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Well, that''s good to know. I''m still having second thoughts on the "I", though, even though I don''t think I''m color sensitive. I guess it''s down to the numbers and the color, as $200.00 more for something that''ll be yours forever isn''t that big a deal.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
They both look to be awesome stones... and I don't think you can go wrong with either one -- but for several reasons, I do like #2 better. I like the smaller table and the slightly shallower depth. But we are splitting frog's hairs here now! Although I wouldn't worry at all about the "I" color... the "F" will be whiter. Will that be noticeable to the naked eye once it is set? Maybe, maybe not! Is #2 eye-clean? If so, all things considered -- I vote for #2!
36.gif

Lynn

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the smaller table on #2, and like Lynn says if it''s eye clean, I''d go for it.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
i need more info is the si2 eyeclean?
You have ideal-scope images or other info for both of them?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Yikes! Another diamond has been added to the mix.

Diamond #3
Item Code: GIA-12835697
Report: GIA
Carat: 0.82
Color: G
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 60.9
Table: 55
Crown Angle: 34.5
Crown %: 15.8
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion %: 43.2
Girdle: Thin Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.09-6.13X3.72

HCA Score: 1.4

Oh my. #1, #2, or #3....

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2005 2:53:56 PM
Author: EBree
Diamond #2:

eta: Bob just emailed me and told me this diamond is not eye-clean. It looks eye-clean to me. Of course, I trust his eyes over mine, but is there something I''m not seeing?

Yeah, it sure looks eye-clean to me, too! I think sometimes the conscientious vendors here on PS are almost "too hard" on their stones! And that''s OK... because I''d rather see someone pleasantly surprised than disappointed. If it were me, I think I''d have the stone shipped and look at it myself. But if you don''t want to bother with that, then go with #1. You really can''t lose here!

Lynn

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If Bob says it''s not eye clean, listen to him. That''s what I love about WF, they tell you the real deal. Good luck!!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2005 3:12:16 PM
Author: EBree
Yikes! Another diamond has been added to the mix.

Looks like another winner. Is it eye-clean? You''ve got three nice choices here... good work. Have fun!

Lynn

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you could also call wf and ask them to compare these stones for you. have their trusted eyes do the work
2.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Bob''s going to take a look at all 3 in a row. I''ll keep you updated.

p.s. Is it too much of a pain to ask for pictures? I feel annoying asking for so many services. I don''t want to be a nag.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course you should ask for pics. This is a big decision for you. Pics are a must!!!
2.gif
Plus we''d like to see them too!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
all of the diamonds you picked are very similar, i don''t think pictures will help define the nuances at this point.

E B

Ideal_Rock
You might be right, but I''m hoping one will "speak" to me. That''s not too hopeful, is it?
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results