shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP!!!!!! need advice ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tony13

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your feedback from the last post. Here is the latest info on the diamond I am looking at:

EGL-USA certified
Weight 1.52 ct.
Shape ROUND BRILLIANT
Color H
Clarity SI2
Measurements 7.5 - 7.41 x 4.5 mm
Depth 60.3
Table 56.0
Crown 14.2
Pavilion 42.8
Girdle MEDIUM FACETED
Polish VERY GOOD
Symmetry VERY GOOD
Fluorescence NONE
Culet NONE
Cut Grade IDEAL

My price $7500.00....is this a good price????Thanks
wavey.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The numbers sound darn good
1.gif

But... what makes that SI2 grade? It does not help to know that some SI2 look clean, if this aprticular one is way far from it. Have you seen the diamond? The inclusion plot on the EGL cert is a good place to start.

The proportions of the stone do sound "ideal", but these make an approximation of the whole. There definitely is room for error when just looking at numbers, so a reasonable return policy and an Ideal SCope (and/or appraisal) will help with the details.

And...it is easy to check the price price against a few hndred qoutes on PS's database and against what H&A (branded or not) go for at least around here.
read.gif

Hope this helps.

tony13

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help. I looked at the stone under a 10x magnifier, and there was only one small inclusion, near where the mounting (prong) would be. I appreciate your input.

SeanSD

Rough_Rock
Sounds good, I would take it to an appraiser and have it checked for the color and clarity grades, although EGL-USA is supposed to be more reputable than EGL-foreign.

Just in case it may come back as somethiong less than an H.

So it is an SI2 "eye clean", not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results