shape
carat
color
clarity

help-looking for cushion cut 3 to 4 carats.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Hi
I am new to this. I am looking for a cushion cut (new or old) or an older stone like a rose or old mine. Any recommendations for reputable sources. Has anyone heard of or have an opinion of icestore.com?
thanks
Window Shopper

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Practically every one of the dealers here on PS has access to some exceptional cushion cut diamonds, however most of us don't purchase a lot of them for inventory because they do not move as quickly as round brilliants and such. But pick a dealer who you want to play with and email them with your desired specifications and they should be happy to initiate a search for you and provide you with some options...

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
thanks very much--by the way are there any specs to what makes a god cushion? everyone seems to advise against buying just based on the GIA cert.
Thanks
WS

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Window,
That is really a tough question to answer- mainl because of the huge variety of cushion cut styles being cut today- and over the years.

Let's have a look at a few variations.
402a.JPG

In the example above the diamond is roughly oval in profile.
Also- note the large facets in the center area of the diamond.
These make for some "windowing"- what I see as areas of glitter among the sparkle generated at the top and bottom.

The one below is closer to a round in profile with a more even dipersion of light.
658a.JPG

Is one better? No- it's really in the eye of the beholder

Here's another look- in a Fancy Colored Cushion the cutter uses different parameters to decide how to cut the diamond. I call this- bucket of crushed ice.
409d.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results