shape
carat
color
clarity

Help?? I am looking for help with my Fancy yellow

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cjmell

Rough_Rock
this is an amazing site I hope I can get some help. I just put a deposit down on a fancy light yellow diamond ... 2.66 carat at 7.75 X 7.19... The brilliance is truly incredible like nothing I have seen in my 4 month search, but the color is a light yellow... It had an incredible fire which drew me to it.. BUT... I have been looking around and have found larger carat weights around 3 to 3.2 for a similar price. I can say they are not nearly as brilliant, but appear much larger and seem to have a deeper hugh of yellow...not nearly as brilliant though. This has been such a tough purchase for me. I am VERY concerned that the NYCity diamond district jeweler is charging more than the stone is worth. I am looking at $15,000. The diamond is a GIA certified, VERy clean VVS2... and is 2.66 carat fancy light yellow radiant cut... the color is an even distributed light yellow. very square... any advice on fancy yellows... as well as the expected cost of one with the characteristics i have described. I work very hard and want only the best for my future wife with only one shot to get it right. Any advise or knowledge to ease my concerns??? I can get my deposit back if this seems like a terrible deal. Feedback woudl be greatly apprciated.

naomi

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am not a professional at all, but once looked sites for fancy yellow. Have you checked IceStore, Fancydiamond.net, Diamonds by Lauren for price comparison?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why would be the carat weight more important than the looks of the stone? You may be able to find a slightly better price, but it doesn't seem worth to sacrifice good looks for a better deal on paper. It is the diamond that you are left with after all...

There are many more diamonds out there - if you do want a better deal, than the stone should look at least as attractive to you regardless of cost. Since it is fire and brilliance you find attractive, than the "better deal" should also be a very brilliant, slightly larger stone.

Just my 0.2, of course.

And there is one more thing - if the price of the respective diamond that you first found and liked is not very competitive, maybe the total cost of the ring could be. Is there any way to negotiate?
The price could be lower on a list - but it is nearly impossible to know what those stones look like and if the discount is really not well deserved. The one way to find an alternative is ask for some quotes on square fancy light yellow radiants from an online dealer (if the prices online are better, as it seems). In theory, anything is possible
read.gif

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
Well, do what your comfortable with, follow your gut. If you think that is what is best, do what you think is best. If you dont feel it is what is best, dont do it. Always ask for a better price. Sales is a two ways street, and asking can only save you money, at worst asking wont and you can say no too. And dont view buying a diamond as an end game/one shot thing. Alot of people upgrade stones at a later date say after they start a family and know things are secure.
If you too really love eachother does it even matter what you get her? If your asking for advice or concern here it is. If your future relationship with somoene rests solely on the price and size of a stone, and her being happy rests in just that? Is that the kind of relationship you want to be in?
I have no problem admiting I have droped some women when I found out there intentions were only too up social status, yeah it sucks can can be a big waste of time but you must do what keeps you happy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results