shape
carat
color
clarity

Help for Tomorrow Morning

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mimi2

Rough_Rock
Help: Been searching for weeks and have an appt to see this one in the am and the Serin report is as follows...what do you think? Is it as good as it sounds?

Origin: Israel
Ct: 2.12
Color: I (per Serin)
VS2
Depth: 62.1
Tbl: 57
Sym: VG
Pol: Ex
Flr: No
Meas: 8.29x8.23x5.13
Cost: $13,986

If possible, would appreciate your inputs before 9am central time on 2/22 before I go check it out...Thanks!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2005 4:19:36 PM
Author:mimi2
Help: Been searching for weeks and have an appt to see this one in the am and the Serin report is as follows...what do you think? Is it as good as it sounds?

Origin: Israel
Ct: 2.12
Color: I (per Serin)
VS2
Depth: 62.1
Tbl: 57
Sym: VG
Pol: Ex
Flr: No
Meas: 8.29x8.23x5.13
Cost: $13,986

If possible, would appreciate your inputs before 9am central time on 2/22 before I go check it out...Thanks!!!
mimi2
did you meant to say "sarin" report? if so,there is more specs that you havan''t post about the stone.

mimi2

Rough_Rock
Sorry, yes I meant Serin and these are the only specs I''ve seen so far. I will definitely be reading the report very carefully in the morning and doing tons of reading on this web site tonight. Also could you please clarify what you mean by a "Mind Clean" stone. I''m not familiar with that term...Thanks. I''m assuming by "Eye Clean" is that it just looks pretty and sparkly?

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
"Remember; it''s harder to find a "MIND CLEAN" stone then a eye clean stone.....AKA vtigger86"

That is just Dancing Fire''s signature. It appears at the bottom of all Dancing Fire''s posts.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's a play on words saying that even if you are told that a diamond is eye clean, your mind may still think you can see flaws in the diamond. Basically, a joke about it being tough to find stones that you're told are eye clean and you believe them to be eye clean.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2005 11:39:24 PM
Author: mimi2
Sorry, yes I meant Serin and these are the only specs I''ve seen so far. I will definitely be reading the report very carefully in the morning and doing tons of reading on this web site tonight. Also could you please clarify what you mean by a ''Mind Clean'' stone. I''m not familiar with that term...Thanks. I''m assuming by ''Eye Clean'' is that it just looks pretty and sparkly?
what i meant by "mind clean" is would the inclusions bother your mind (psychology) even though it''s eye clean.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
A Sarin report shows the physical measurements of the diamond, not the color or the clarity. If someone gave you the information you posted and said it came for a Sarin report, they might have misspoke, or maybe you misunderstood. The specs you posted look more like the info from a Grading Lab Cert.

The specs you posted so far look good. EGL USA has become a consistent lab, but other EGL labs have yet to earn that status. If this an EGL Israel Cert, you''ll want to make purchase contingent on a satisfactory independent appraisal. If the color and/or clarity is off by a grade or 2, it could have a huge impact on the pricing of the diamond.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results