shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding an asymmetric (?) ering setting

tundracaribou

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I've been voraciously devouring all the great information on this site and am excited to make my first post :)

My BF and I went ring shopping for the first time last night.

I went in thinking I wanted something simple with clean lines, but to my complete and utter shock, the setting that I liked best on my finger was this Gabriel & Co. one (shown with a matching wedding band that I'm not sure I'd get).

So my questions are:

1) Any suggestions on the best place be to find this setting online?
2) Any ideas on where to look for similar styles (I'm open to vintage/estate as well)?
3) What kind of center stone should we look for? I'd been eyeing OEC cuts but would this setting lock me into a round brilliant?

Thanks in advance for any feedback you have.

W-ER5330.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Good Old Gold (http://www.goodoldgold.com) has access to Gabriel settings, and they carry a cut called the August Vintage Round that's very similar to an OEC. As for other cuts that setting would take, you'd have to check with Gabriel to see which shapes it could hold.

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
BTW any of these designers can make these rings for whatever shape you choose. I am getting one of the Mark Silverstein's and as you can see by my avatar I have a radiant.

again good luck

tundracaribou

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the great sources and the feedback! I had no idea there were so many asymmetric settings to choose from.

I've contacted GOG about the Gabriel setting. I'll definitely report back once we've made a choice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results