shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!!! Compare 2 Round Brilliants

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

teri_pan

Rough_Rock
Hello. I am about to make a Round Brilliant diamond purchase and am torn between two diamonds, both GIA certified.
Both are similarly priced, within $200 of each other (Diamond #1 costs less) One is from Bluenile, the other is a local vendor.

My issue is do I go for medium florescence and excellent symmetry, or do I go for no flourescence and very good symmetry?
What effect would the medium florescence play?

Diamond #1
Carat Weight: 1.51
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Cut: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Cutlet: None
Flourescence: Medium Blue
Crown Angle: 33.5 degrees
Pavilion Angle: 41.0 degrees
Table: 58%
Depth: 60.2%
Thin-medium (faceted) 3.0%
HCA Score: 1.1

Diamond #2
Carat Weight: 1.50
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Cut: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Cutlet: Very Small
Flourescence: None
Crown Angle: 35.0 degrees
Pavilion Angle: 40.8 degrees
Table: 55%
Depth: 62.8%
Medium-Slightly Thick (faceted) 4.0%
HCA Score: 1.7

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers looks good for the BN stone, Medium Blue, most likely you will not notice anything in normal conditions unless you are in a dark room and you shine a UV light on the stone, then it will glow blue.

For both of these stones, I would prefer to see an Idealscope image, but BN won''t be able to provide one and your local vendor probably do not have one.

teri_pan

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 3:14:17 AM
Author: Stone-cold11
Numbers looks good for the BN stone, Medium Blue, most likely you will not notice anything in normal conditions unless you are in a dark room and you shine a UV light on the stone, then it will glow blue.

For both of these stones, I would prefer to see an Idealscope image, but BN won''t be able to provide one and your local vendor probably do not have one.

I should clarify... what I meant was Diamond #1 is local vendor, Diamond #2 is BN.

Sorry for the confusion!!

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
So you see the MB fluor stone personally?

VG symm should be unnoticeable in normal viewing condition.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second diamond is too deep which can waste weight, also an Idealscope image is essential for that angle combo, if from BN then that won't be possible. What are the diameter measurements and girdle thicknesses for both diamonds please? The first could be a good looking diamond from the numbers, could be a very brilliant stone.

Medium blue fluorescence, this is a personal preference, you might not even notice it except in some lightings, good and above for polish and symmetry looks the same to the naked untrained eye.

teri_pan

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 4:19:45 AM
Author: Lorelei
The second diamond is too deep which can waste weight, also an Idealscope image is essential for that angle combo, if from BN then that won''t be possible. What are the diameter measurements and girdle thicknesses for both diamonds please? The first could be a good looking diamond from the numbers, could be a very brilliant stone.

Medium blue fluorescence, this is a personal preference, you might not even notice it except in some lightings, good and above for polish and symmetry looks the same to the naked untrained eye.
The specs for the diamonds are:

Diamond #1 (Local Vendor):
7.44 - 7.48 x 4.49mm
thin-medium 3.0%

Diamond #2 (BN):
7.24 - 7.34 x 4.58mm
medium-slightly thick 4.0%

Thanks for you input!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 12:17:30 PM
Author: teri_pan

Date: 6/25/2009 4:19:45 AM
Author: Lorelei
The second diamond is too deep which can waste weight, also an Idealscope image is essential for that angle combo, if from BN then that won''t be possible. What are the diameter measurements and girdle thicknesses for both diamonds please? The first could be a good looking diamond from the numbers, could be a very brilliant stone.

The specs for the diamonds are:

Diamond #1 (Local Vendor):
7.44 - 7.48 x 4.49mm
thin-medium 3.0%

Diamond #2 (BN):
7.24 - 7.34 x 4.58mm
medium-slightly thick 4.0%

Thanks for you input!
You are most welcome Teri!

The first one looks fine, the second is definitely facing up small for the weight, it won''t look like 1.5 carats face up as the depth is wasting weight as I thought. The first one looks better to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results