shape
carat
color
clarity

Help a newbie out!! Kwiat or Bone Levy (Nordstrom sale)/WF?

fayewolf

Rough_Rock
Hello all!!

I haven't purchased any diamonds since my first gift to myself after I got my first professional job and that was like 13 years ago!! And since then, one of my earrings was lost in Scotland during a business trip :(

I would love to get a replacement and now searching for another pair. I dont need/want anything big, something along .75 to 1 ct tw would be fine with me.
I was looking at white flash sites(never heard of it until i discover this forum!!), but i also know that the nordstrom anniversary sale is coming up!

Here is what i got from checking out the store!

Bony Levy (I love their skinny bangles, but at $1300, i rather get the diamond studs)
$2690
1 ct tw, H/I color, SI, i dont know what cut... that SA was really bad but i didnt know how to get another one...he had me tried on a 2 ct tw earrings and i'm like... hot damn, this one looks so nice and big, you sure it's 1 ct tw? he's like yes m'am, i'm like.. but it says 2.5 here...

Kwiat: I heard their cut is one of the best, but what do i know.
$2300ish
0.75 c tw, H/I color SI, excellent cut

Visually i cannot tell the difference in size, they both sparkles alot.

What are your thoughts on these brands? without the sale, no doubt WF would be cheaper, but with the sale, maybe not?

Nordies has the upgrade policy just like WF on their expert cut or above cut above or whatever you call it...

HELP?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Help a newbie out!! Kwiat or Bone Levy (Nordstrom sale)/

For diamond studs, I would absolutely go with WhiteFlash. You can get top cut quality stones and also get a perfect match. I have studs and diamond huggie hoops from them and they are gorgeous! There are some unique Kwiat pieces that I adore (in their vintage collection), but I see no point in paying a brand premium for diamond studs when you can get the highest quality diamonds at WF.

We can help you match stones from WF if you want, and tell us your budget.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

One example... .82ctw, G VS around $2500 (plus setting):

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2763594.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2430945.htm

.86 ctw, H VS2 pair for about $2200:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2763589.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2728080.htm

WhiteFlash gives an additional small discount if you tell them you are a Pricescope member, plus there is a first time buyer discount. Basic three and 4 prong settings are $195.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I agree with DS. I've seen some Kwait stones and prefer the WF stones as well. Plus they are upgradable.

fayewolf

Rough_Rock

I just searched white flash and talked to a sales, they cannot find me any 1ct tw that's upgradable under 2600. I can however get that at Nordstrom, I know dept store always have markups, but is $2600 really $$ for the quality? To me the cut is most important, and I felt like the bony levy cut was pretty good?

hannah prudent

Rough_Rock
Trade
This post is a few years old, but I’d like to respond to it anyway. Either bony levy or Kwait is a good investment. However, I don’t think you can order past 1.5 carats of kwait diamonds, like you can with bony levy. I recommend upgrading twice a year, going in between the brands. Kwait goes on sale during Nordstrom anniversary, Bomy levy goes on sale at the end of November. Kwait is a bit more pricey, but when you upgrade in November, increasing your carat weight, the pocket damage doesn’t hurt as bad.
Another thing to note, you cannot special order Kwait with screwballs, as you can with bony levy. Bony will charge you for this service at a cost relative to the cost of your purchase.

Also, I choose to buy my diamonds at Nordstrom because I’ve found they have the best upgrade policy. Most sellers require that in order to upgrade your purchase must be double the value of your exchange. Whereas, Nordstrom only makes you pay the difference, with each exchange.

Hello all!!

I haven't purchased any diamonds since my first gift to myself after I got my first professional job and that was like 13 years ago!! And since then, one of my earrings was lost in Scotland during a business trip :(

I would love to get a replacement and now searching for another pair. I dont need/want anything big, something along .75 to 1 ct tw would be fine with me.
I was looking at white flash sites(never heard of it until i discover this forum!!), but i also know that the nordstrom anniversary sale is coming up!

Here is what i got from checking out the store!

Bony Levy (I love their skinny bangles, but at $1300, i rather get the diamond studs)
$2690
1 ct tw, H/I color, SI, i dont know what cut... that SA was really bad but i didnt know how to get another one...he had me tried on a 2 ct tw earrings and i'm like... hot damn, this one looks so nice and big, you sure it's 1 ct tw? he's like yes m'am, i'm like.. but it says 2.5 here...

Kwiat: I heard their cut is one of the best, but what do i know.
$2300ish
0.75 c tw, H/I color SI, excellent cut

Visually i cannot tell the difference in size, they both sparkles alot.

What are your thoughts on these brands? without the sale, no doubt WF would be cheaper, but with the sale, maybe not?

Nordies has the upgrade policy just like WF on their expert cut or above cut above or whatever you call it...

HELP?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash and other vendors here have no double requirement either - you just pay the difference in price.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results