shape
carat
color
clarity

He Proposed!!! Need to share my experience......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alicat

Rough_Rock
I have been coming to this board for the past two months, since my boyfriend and I picked out our diamond. I''ve been fretting and fretting, worrying about the minute details, and freaking out on a daily basis that my diamond wasn''t white enough, cut well enough, was too deep, etc....
I only saw the diamond once so i kept worrying over pavillion angles, putting an "I" color in white gold and so on. but last night, all my worries were put to rest. He finally popped the question last night. I came home from work and there was a trail of roses leading up the stairs, through the hallway and into the living room, where my fiance was knelt down on one knee in a bed of roses, with 4 enormous vases of flowers surrounding him and our favorite love song in the background. When i entered the room, he asked me if i would marry him and i said yes (after i stopped sobbing of course!) it was both magical and romantic. And the ring!! all that worrying for nothing. its the most beautiful diamond i''ve ever seen. so sparkly, so brilliant and looks unbelievable in the setting. Everyone that has seen it was floored and thought it was the most perfect diamond they''ve ever seen. here are the specs in case you''re all wondering:

-1.64 round brilliant
-I color (not a HINT of yellow, completely and utterly white, even in my white gold setting. everyone at work agreed they thought it was an "E or F", no one would have guessed it was an I!)
-VS2 clarity (can''t see anything! perfectly eye-clean!)
-62.8% Depth
-55% Table ( i really like the small table)
-43.2% pavillion
-15.7% crown
-no culet
-no fluorescence
-good polish and symmetry (no H&As but beautiful nonetheless)
-medium to sl. thick girdle
-EGL certified
-$6700 for diamond (quite a steal i believe, looking at it)
-$450 setting (.42 carats of channel set round diamonds)

It really is unbelievably beautiful and for anyone even questioning whether to put an I color in white gold or platinum, DO IT.....we saved a lot of money and it really is very white. I''m so glad i upgraded the cut and clarity for color. I will post pics when i get them! thank you all for eveything.

more to come....
Alicat

69gm

Shiny_Rock
what a great story. thanks for sharing alicat!
9.gif

now just waiting on the pix...
3.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! What a special guy he must be to have prepared such a wonderful proposal
1.gif

Confoozed

Rough_Rock
awwwwwww that was a very sweet proposal! all the best to you! show us pics!!
appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY the story ends well. Can't wait to see pix!
1.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!
Sounds amazing, post pics as soon as you can. We want to see!!

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
Awesome story... Congrats on your engagement... Pics... We Want Pics...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results