shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA Discrepancies?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dugout41

Rough_Rock
I''ve been looking for various tools on the web to assess a diamond i''ve recently purchased and have found two different HCA calculations for the same measurements.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I was using the HCA calc from the following sites:

http://www.ideal-scope.com/hca.asp

https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

my measurements were:
Depth 61.7
Table 54
Crown angle 35.1
Pavillion angle 40.8
Cutlet 0

On the pricescope it rec''d a 1.8
on the ideal-scope it rec''d a 2.1

Is this just due to different versions? which one is the most recent software?

can anyone run a diamond calc for me? shelling out the $300 for the software is a lot.

if you want i''ll pay for a one-time run via paypal.....

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
intersesting. i don''t have the answer to your question, but i''m sure garry will be here to clear up any confusion.
what answers are you looking for in diamcalc?

dugout41

Rough_Rock
answers in diamond calc? nothing specific, just looking to assuage my anxiety.

i haven''t rec''d my diamond yet, i will next week. the ideal scope pic was a little out of focus but the dealer had assured me that i will love it. i thought the diamond calc would assure me of the symmetry despite the ags000.

i guess i''m becoming somewhat obsessive.

funny since i won''t even be the one wearing it, and a month a go i didn''t even the know the differences in shapes/colors, ect...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamcalc cant help with the optical symmetry because without a 3d sarin or helium scan it is just guessing at the symmetry and minor facet construction.
Post the IS image and we will see if we can tell anything from it.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Deep breaths. Focus on the prize. If this is the GOG stone, and Jonathan said you will love it, guess what, you will love it. Repeat after me, I must relax. My first superideal purchase had a Sarin and a OGI megascope. The numbers were a little dif., but not by much. One yielded a .9 on the HCA, and one yielded a 1. My diamond looked the same either way.
2.gif
You will get through this FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt). We will help. When you see it, you will wonder why you were so worried.

Shay

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Fixed HCA for Ideal-scope.com; found a tiny bug
19.gif
1.gif

Storm is right, Diamcalc only produced simulations for the data you enter there and average Sarin numbers might not describe the real stone accurately enough.

Your numbers look good so far, no reason to be anxious
21.gif

dugout41

Rough_Rock
thank you all for your words of encouragement and advise.

i just have to wait and relax.....

i just hope she loves it, that''s what really matters. i have to quit anticipating the show-n-tell moments at the office or with her friends...

thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results