shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone seen a setting similar to this Maevona?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been hanging out on the LIW forum, but wanted to pop in here to ask. :)

My boyfriend and I are ring shopping together -- we thought it would be more fun for us that way, and it has been.

Unfortunately for me, though, I fell in love with this MaeVona setting (the Westray, pic attached). It''s really the only solitaire setting with which I''ve bonded. And it''s anywhere from $1350 to $2000, depending on the jeweler, and depending on the metal.

It''s not realistic to spend that much on a simple setting on a $5k budget. In my head, I know this.

Has anyone ever seen anything similar to this in WG or plat? The two things I love about it are the tapered shank (I think it comes in to under 2mm near the head) and the delicacy of the head. I tried the Vatche Swan but I just wasn''t keen on the surprise diamonds.

Sorry that the pic is with a YG shank, but it was the best one I could find of the head!

''Course, I might just abandon the whole solitaire scheme and get sidestones -- I am decisiveness fail about the setting. At least PS has been teaching me enough to help the two of us pick out diamonds.

Shana :)

8P0728WECO0049.jpg

lingpanda01

Rough_Rock
I don''t think spending ~$1500 for a setting is too crazy on a $5k budget. If you get it in White Gold, I think you can get a nice 1ct stone for $3.5k. But I guess you''re looking for a much bigger stone.

I''m still deciding between 3 settings. But if I go for the Maevona Soay, that''s going to be more than a third of my budget. I do love the look of the ring, but I haven''t seen it in person yet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results