shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone dealt with ordering a Michael B ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Froof

Rough_Rock
I ordered my diamond from DCD, and my Michael B Princess ring from a local jeweler. I was under the impression that after the ring was created, it would be sent to the local jeweler, who would then mount my stone. I was told by my jeweler, today, that I needed to take my stone to them, so they could send it to Michael B to be set.

Does anyone have any experience ordering rings from Michael B? Is this how it is generally done? The jeweler assured me that everything is insured, and will be safe, but I feel a little uneasy about sending my slightly expensive purchase away for 4-6 weeks (how long it takes for the ring to be made).
errrr.gif
Any thoughts?

reena

Ideal_Rock
I also am looking into a MB setting, and the jeweler my family uses in my hometown (whom I trust very much) told me the exact same thing: the stone has to be sent to MB because he builds the setting around the stone's exact measurements. The setting I was looking at has a pave bezel, so it might be a different story for other types of rings, but it seems normal to me. I wouldn't worry if I were you.

suskoch

Rough_Rock
This is totally normal and I felt the same way two years ago when I had to do the same. No reputable jeweler, especially an authorized Michael B. jeweler, would ever touch (or would be allowed to) one of his rings. That is the down fall to owning a Michael B ring - you have to mail it to them for anything including ever needing a different head when you upgrade stones and/or need your ring sized. No worries though - it is just very slow!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results