shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Si1 Clarity Plot Clean - Grade based on Clouds not shown

ShinySearcher

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I appreciate your input on this. I am looking at the below GIA cert 1.17 G, Si1 Stone, Ex Cut, VG Symm, Ex Polish and had some questions regarding the clarity plot. It looks completely clean and has note that "Grade is based on clouds not shown? What do you think about this and what do you think about this stone in general?

It scores 1.13 on Holloway Cut Advisor with Ex, Ex, Vg, Vg. I am looking for a very sparkly stone a little over a carat for around 7k and these seems to meet all my requirements. I was hoping to find F color but for my budget, it I want Ex cut I think I need to drop color to G, or clarity to Si2, or both.

Thanks for your help.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2925352.htm#

delight

Shiny_Rock
Re: GIA Si1 Clarity Plot Clean - Grade based on Clouds not s

That's very likely to be a poor choice for a diamond. That comment will impact brilliance.

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock

Hmm that is a virtual stone I don't think I would be happy with that. It doesn't appear they have any stones at this time within your requirements. Have you looked at BGD... there are a few of his Blue range? There are a few H VS just over 1ct around the $7000 mark with Strong blue flourence. Here a link to one http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.033-h-vs2-round-diamond-ags-bl-104067973018 but there are a couple more if you are interested.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

delight|1384132379|3554045 said:
That's very likely to be a poor choice for a diamond. That comment will impact brilliance.
Not will, it might or might not.
It needs to be evaluated by an expert.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

I would speak to wf and ask them details. It is hard to tell by paper work. But It isn't a 3x either so just move on.

ShinySearcher

Rough_Rock

Thank you, I am moving on. Also talked with WF and they basically said same thing. Once of the comments about recommends Brian Gavin Blue. I have been told to stay away from Stong Fluoresense, although I know if can be a benefit in some cases.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results