shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA’s diamond cut research to be revealed at GemFest Asia

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If anyone is going can you please PM me
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cut Nut
if you pay my hotel and airfare i would be happy to be your translator ,how's your cantoness ?
confused.gif
just kidding ..i was born in H.K.,haven't been back there since 1983.

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
I will be there and am willing to share my notes and personal feelings when I return in late Sept. I will be in Thailand first and rumor has it that the grading system has leaked out in GIA Bangkok. We will see. Either way, it should be a great step in getting the world audience to participate in cut discussions.

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
I just got back from Thailand and HK. I spent the evening with one of the head researchers at GIA NY while in Bangkok and sat through the 3 hour presentation in HK. Did not go to Basel, but there were only about 10 slides. Most of the information was from speakers and a guest panel. Joint celebration of 25 years of HK GIA and the cut grading. Some parts were impressive like the number of diamonds that were evaluated over the last 15 years. Even the number of stones that were recut to some goofy specs just to see what happens to light and how computer images matches what your eye actually sees. Mostly confirming what all of us in the business already know. There are many types of cutting combinations that produce great looking diamonds. Ideals are not equally brilliant. Many stones that can be picked apart on paper have a much better look than is expected. Some that look fantastic on paper are missing something that is hard to explain. I will compile the complete set of my notes and post a better summary.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results