shape
carat
color
clarity

Garry & Experts: Ideal Scope Picture Taking

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was trying to get some shots of the Regent using the IS this weekend and was having the problem of the white space around the stone going away and turning into red the closer the IS got to focus on the stone. Is this a function of the lighting I am using? I am doing the diffused paper on the lamp thing as noted on the IS box...Garry what am I doing wrong? The first time with my e-ring I got much better pictures, so I am having a hard time with the Regent. This is the same lamp, same position, everything. I don't know what could be different. Would bottom lighting help somehow? I don't have your nifty lightbox but maybe I can rig something at home to have the lighting be UNDER the stone, diffused. ???

You will see the attached picture has an overall entire red tinge to it, hard to tell what's leaking vs not! Can you give me some tips on what I can do better ???

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh don't know what happened to the picture, it was the wrong one anyway...here it is.
2.gif

regentIS.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
As opposed to this more accurate one of my e-ring ...see how the entire picture is not red and there is the black ring? The prongs are platinum looking as they should be, only the stone is red. What could be different?

marais.gif

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
Maybe this will give some ideas
1.gif

lab12.jpg

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
Close up

bulb12.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I see. I will try to replicate at home
2.gif

So the overhead lighting is not the trick eh Garry? It's the UNDER?

Any idea why my first image of my e-ring would have come out so good and the second with the SAME setup is all blood red?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results