carat
color
clarity

French Cut Diamond Eternity Band/Wedding Band Suggestions

LadyGoodman

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello PSERs!

This is my first post on the forum! I apologize if this topic has been discussed many times, but I couldn't find what I was looking for and am in need of the guidance and advice of all you experts. I am on the hunt for the elusive french cut diamond eternity band in white gold or platinum. I would actually prefer a half eternity, thin, under 2.0 mm in platinum or white gold. I am not opposed to a vintage find, but FI isn't on board with a vintage wedding band even though my engagement ring is. He said it's different for the wedding band haha, but I'm sure I can negotiate! The budget is up to 1500, which I am worried isn't realistic for french cuts so any alternatives or suggestions are appreciated. I guess I don't have to have french cut diamonds, but they are soo pretty. I am attaching a picture of my engagement ring in case any one has suggestions or ideas about bands that would match well because I am having a difficult time on my own. Any advice, help or threads you could send my way would be appreciated. Thank you!

_5192.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: French Cut Diamond Eternity Band/Wedding Band Suggestion

I could swear I just did a rundown on some of the options for new french cut bands out there ... I'll see if I can hunt it down, but in the meantime, I think the best places to check for newly made ones are M. Khordipour, Israel Rose, and Doyle and Doyle (who I could swear does a .35 one, but for a little more than 1.5K, I think).

Lovingwarmdiamonds

Rough_Rock

I'm not sure that french cuts are realistic for that price range but you never know what you might find! For newly made rings, in most cases the stones have to be cut which is very labor intensive for french cuts (and part of what drives up the price). I agree w/ Circe's suggestions for where you might look for newly made bands - I might add Sheldon Speyer to that list but I think those prices are on the high side.

Here's the link to the Doyle and Doyle

http://www.doyledoyle.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=3357

This Leon band would be an interesting alternative (perhaps less for a 1/2 eternity?):

http://www.micropave.com/index.php/antique-wedding-band.html

For other alternatives you might consider a baguette band or carre cutt band instead of frenchies. Maybe beverly k?

LadyGoodman

Rough_Rock
Trade

Thank you so much, Circe and Lovingwarmdiamonds! I am off to research these vendors and/or talk to FI about the budget haha no no, but now I'm thinking french cuts will make a wonderful 5 or 10 year anniversary band. Thank you for your help and suggestions!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results