shape
carat
color
clarity

Found my dream setting and dream diamond at different places

SgrPlum12

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I found a great diamond at Whiteflash that my boyfriend can buy me for my engagement ring. Then I found my dream setting at a local jewelry store. It's by a designer named Henri Daussi and I'm not sure they will be willing to work with Whiteflash so that I can buy both through WF.

I really don't want to go with any settings on WF, since I've looked them over and over, and none of them are exactly what I'm looking for. Also, I know they can get any style of ring from the 5 or 6 designers they work with, but none of them have a similar style of setting that I really want.

And I don't want to get a diamond from my local jewelry store either. I'm sure there will be a massive markup. Also, my boyfriend would have to pay close to $1000 just in tax! (We could avoid that buying from WF). And I don't think they'll be able to match the price and quality of the "cut above" diamond I found on WF.

However, the local jeweler offers a lifetime warranty policy if I get both pieces through them.

So now what? What are my best options? Get the diamond from WF and have the local jeweler set it? Should we buy the setting first, then mail it to WF to set their diamond into it?

By the way, I did already contact WF to ask them if they could get the setting from this designer, and they said they've never worked with this designer before, so the outlook isn't great.

If you have any experience or advice, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Re: Found my dream setting and dream diamond at different pl

Lifetime warranties are a scam so really that shouldn't be a pro or con. Do you know what the LW actually means? What is covered? how much you would have to spend to upgrade/ change out?? Is it null and void if you miss 1 inspection that happens ever 6 months?

I though Henri Daussi only works with their branded diamonds.

Anyhow I would buy the diamond through WF and see if they can get the setting. If they can't perhaps look into having it custom made. it hink a few ppl have done HD inspired settings through ERD. They do have a very unique look but it can be replicated as long as it is "mind clean" to you.

SgrPlum12

Rough_Rock

Hi, thank you for responding.

Apparently HD can have any diamond set into the setting. Some of their rings are sold as complete pieces, but not all.

I have had no experience with ED. If I asked them to replicate the HD, how would I get the WF diamond installed into it? If I need to go to a jeweler to do this, shouldn't I just get the HD that I've fallen in love with?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd buy the diamond, get the setting from your local jeweler, and have the setting mailed to WF so they can set the diamond. It's not the most intuitive way to do it, but if WF is willing to set the diamond, I would trust them better to do it - UNLESS your local jeweler mails your diamond off to HD and THEY set it (with some designers that is what happens, I don't know in Daussi's case). If your local jeweler isn't willing to set your WF diamond, well, there are a ton of jewelers who carry Daussi and I'm sure you'll be able to find one that will.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Ok so if HD sets outside stones I'm not sure what the problem is. People piece meal rings all the time. Just let them know you want to buy the setting and you will provide the diamond. They can either set it (which would be my preference, or WF can set it for you like distracts suggested.

SgrPlum12

Rough_Rock

SB621,

When you said HD sets it, I'm not sure that would happen. I thought my local jeweler who sells the setting would be the one to set it. Or would they send it to HD at my request?

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Whoever you bought the setting from would set it. Does your loca jewelry have a bench or do they send it out? Regardless I would probably go with whoever you are more comfortable with setting it. I'm sure either WF or your local place can do it. You might want to look into insurance etc to make sure your local place will cover your diamond while setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results