shape
carat
color
clarity

Flour: Distinct Blue

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erik638

Rough_Rock
Please help I need some opinions.

I saw a diamond today that I really like, it really sparkled. It was a
2.05 Cts.
VS2
H Color

I am waiting to get the full report table, depth ect.

but under flourecence it states distinct blue. Does this help an H colored stone apear to have a better color than it does. I was comparing it to an F colored diamond and I thought they basically had the same color except the one a liked sparkled more.

Erik

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is said that a med. to strong blue can help make the "color" diamonds look whiter (why do you think they put those little blue crystals in laundry detergent!). if you''ve seen them in person, go with what you like best! sparkle=good!
1.gif

Erik638

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the info, one more quick question is there a difference between strong blue and distinct blue

Erik

Erik638

Rough_Rock
It was an EGL mini-cert. I am going to get the rest of the numbers from the full size cert tomorrow

Erik

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if there is perfect equivalence beteween EGL''s and GIA''s types of fluorescence. "Distinct Blue" is the strongest grade of EGL and GIA has it''s "very strong blue".

If you like the idea of having this diamond glow blue under UV and sparkle blue-ish flash in strong sunlight - this is it. Nothing but a diamond with strong fluorescence looks that way !
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results