shape
carat
color
clarity

firey ideal cut 1.7 HCA score versus tic cut 0.9 HCA score

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brendan

Rough_Rock
Hi again,

Have been offered another stone against previous one in last thread the specs on this are
E GIA CERT,VS2 POLISH/SYMMETRY BOTH EXCELLENT, GIRDLE THIN TO MEDIUM FACETED
PRICE $600 CHEAPER THAN STONE 1

THE HCA SCORE FOR THIS IS 1.7 FIC DOES THIS OFFER BETTER VALUE WHAS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FIREY IDEAL CUT AND TIC CUT

IS IT DOWN TO PERSONAL PREFERENCE

Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.7 - Excellent - within FIC range

Depth 62.6%

Table 53%

Crown Angle 35.7%

Pavilion Angle 40.6%

Culet*0.6 %

WHO GOES YOU DECIDE
errrr.gif
read.gif

brendan

Rough_Rock
OPPS DETAILS ON OTHER STONE
colur e
vs1
1.00 carat
depth 61.3%
table 57%
crown angle 34.1
pavillion angle 40.7
culet 0.3%
girdle medium faceted
fluresence none
gia cert
polish/symmetry both excellent
hearts & arrows
gia cert

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You would really need to see the stones side by side Brendan.
They have quite different looks.
And the new stone is quite a bit smaller in diameter, but has more up top.
Read about this stuff at www.diamond-cut.com.au
The new stone leaks a bit.

brendan

Rough_Rock
thanks again gary,

your site was very informative, still dont know whether i understand it all probably have to read it a couple of times before it starts to make sense!!
read.gif
loopy.gif

have just ordered myself an ideal scope and some other gadgets!! should be fun using it and referring back to your website at the same time

can you tell me what the different colours on the images you just posted indicate
4.gif

thanks

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmmmmmmm I think I would have to go with the TIC. FIC's are pretty but it really is a PREFERENCE thing and if you have not seen them in person against a regular TIC then you may not want to take that chance. a TIC has a good balance of fire, brilliance and scint...while the FIC's are heavier on fire, lighter on brilliance. BIC's are heavier on brilliance (White light) than fire. So if you like flashes of COLOR then you like FIC's. Flashes of WHITE LIGHT (less fire..stone looks more white) you'd want a BIC. Want a combo of both? That's more TIC. A good balance.

So my two cents are...go with the TIC stone. It looks really great from the #'s... I don't think you'd be scoring anything to worry about.

brendan

Rough_Rock
thanks mara/gary,

will stick with original choice tic, have informed the vendor who has been quite patient thru all this, i will be wiring him the money tomorrow
22.gif
22.gif

btw mara i voted for the D IF 1 carat stone in your poll that to me is a vote for perfection and quality rather than size and practicality
love.gif
love.gif
tongue.gif
wink2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results