shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally an ending....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
HI All,
Long story short. In November of 2005 I lost my .80ct VS2 F color Ben Bridge Signature cut RB diamond. She took a swim down the shower drain and was unable to be found. It was insured so the search was on for the replacement ring. Hubby and I ended up putting it on hold for a bit due to work schedules and such (he is in the military.) So here we are. The lost ring was $6000 and that is what we got from the insurance co. After looking here and looking there, calling this vendor and that vendor Hubby just went out on his own and bought what he thought looked good to him. He did a wonderful job!

GIA Report Number: 15674453
Report Type: GIA Diamond Grading Report
Date of Issue: February 20, 2007
Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.46 - 6.50 x 3.87 mm
Carat Weight: 0.97
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: VS1
Cut Grade: Very Good
Proportions:
Depth: 59.7 %
Table: 54 %
Crown Angle: 33.5°
Crown Height: 15 %
Pavilion Angle: 40.4°
Pavilion Depth: 42.5 %
Star length: 50 %
Lower Half: 75 %
Girdle: Very Thin to Thin, Faceted
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None

It is set in a 2mm plain 6 prong platinum setting. My wedding band is a 2mm platinum band so they match very nice.

I put the numbers into the cut advisor and it came back excellent in all areas. It is a very pretty diamond, I love it. So the big question. Do you think he got taken? The stone was $5800.00 and the setting in platinum was $400.00.

smaller pic.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Karen I remember your beautiful ring from Ben Bridge, but I didn''t realize that you had lost it. You must have been devastated! I am so glad that you had insurance and that you are able to find such a gorgeous replacement!!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
She's quite the sparkler
30.gif
Well done!

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 10:33:15 AM
Author: Sundial
Karen I remember your beautiful ring from Ben Bridge, but I didn''t realize that you had lost it. You must have been devastated! I am so glad that you had insurance and that you are able to find such a gorgeous replacement!!!

Devastated isnt a strong enough word, but yes I am also glad I had it insured. The smartest thing I ever did. I just realized my old Ben Bridge ring is still on page 8 of the "post your one carat and under diamonds" in the "Show me the ring" area. LOL!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I think its beautiful and classic and love it! And as for your question on being taken. Absolutely not. It was covered by insurance, and your husband has the pride of picking it out himself. Whether or not he could have saved a bit somewhere else is not really tyhe point. He got you a nice stone that you love and you were smart enough to be covered by insurance.

Enjoy your new ring and hang on to it for years and years and years :)

Oh, do you mind sharing who your insurance company is? I''m thinking of switching.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you lost your original ring but your replacement is gorgeous and your hubby did a nice job.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, and I think the price was more than fair. He did very well. I love it.

shay

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 12:02:37 PM
Author: asscherisme
I think its beautiful and classic and love it! And as for your question on being taken. Absolutely not. It was covered by insurance, and your husband has the pride of picking it out himself. Whether or not he could have saved a bit somewhere else is not really tyhe point. He got you a nice stone that you love and you were smart enough to be covered by insurance.

Enjoy your new ring and hang on to it for years and years and years :)

Oh, do you mind sharing who your insurance company is? I''m thinking of switching.

We have our homeowners insurance through Geico (again we are military.) So we just had a rider put on our homeowners to cover the e-ring. When we did they they needed a copy of the appraisal and I also sent a copy of the GIA report. When my e-ring flipped off my finger in the shower after an emotional episode I called them. They sent 3 different plumbers each of who talked with the housing company (we live in military housing.) They all decided that the ring was toast. They couldnt see it when they snaked the pipe with a camara. So...she was gone. Within 4 weeks my insurance co had the check in my hand. They really were wonderful.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Naw, he didn''t get taken. The prices look reasonable and the ring looks lovely! Congrats on finding a beautiful replacement!

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the replies. We spent a lot of time "looking" at stones. I knew what I wanted and what I wanted to pay for it. This stone fits right into what I was wanting. I am so happy with it. It just makes me smile when I look at it. I love it!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Karen, your husband picked a beautiful looking stone. What more could you ask for? It looks perfect and a rather nice upgrade.

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 8:47:28 AM
Author: MiniMouse
Congratulations Karen, your husband picked a beautiful looking stone. What more could you ask for? It looks perfect and a rather nice upgrade.

Yeah I love the upgrade part! I totally wasnt expecting that! What a great Hubby I have.

side pic smaller1.JPG

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Question about the Cut Advisor. I put the numbers for my new diamond in and it came back at 0.7? What is that about? Doesn''t it start at 1?

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 4:24:37 PM
Author: Karen Leah
Question about the Cut Advisor. I put the numbers for my new diamond in and it came back at 0.7? What is that about? Doesn't it start at 1?

Nope!
37.gif

0.7 is a very good score, and I'm sure the stone is beautiful in person.

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 6:37:36 PM
Author: bosoxbw

Date: 3/28/2007 4:24:37 PM
Author: Karen Leah
Question about the Cut Advisor. I put the numbers for my new diamond in and it came back at 0.7? What is that about? Doesn''t it start at 1?

Nope!
37.gif

0.7 is a very good score, and I''m sure the stone is beautiful in person.

It is a wonderful stone. I am so happy with it! OH! I just looked down at it as I am typing and she just sparkled up at me LOL!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karen, your new ring is very pretty!
30.gif
I just want to caution you to be careful since at least part of the girdle is very thin. That will make the stone more prone to chipping. Just be sure you get it insured again, and check it from time to time with a loupe. I don''t mean to alarm you, but you do have to be even more careful if you choose a stone with a very thin girdle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results