shape
carat
color
clarity

Final 4 help -To Flour or not to Flour that is the question

esmond

Rough_Rock
Which one would you pick?

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.236-h-vs1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104063639016

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.211-i-vs1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104063639012

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.208-i-vs2-round-diamond-ags-bl-104063998003

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.340-i-si1-round-diamond-ags-104062572003

My favorite is the 1st diamond but being $1500 more than the 3rd one its almost a bank breaker.

I could go with the larger non blue H&A but I think I have fallen in love with Flour!!!

Do you think the upgrade in color and marginal upgrade in size is worth it for the 1st diamond?

Should I just go H&A with the larger size?

It will be set in a micro pave halo.

photo_1_26.jpg

photo_2_24.jpg

Her ring size was 4.5 but now probably a 4.75.

We live in Los Angeles CA so that would be the typical light setting it would be displayed in.

She works inside an office building with great lighting so I am hoping that any of these would sparkle across the room.

From the bottom of my heart thank you for any help or insight you could provide =p :love:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Re: Final 4 help -To Flour or not to Flour that is the quest

Gosh, throw a dart! :)) They are all incredibly gorgeous stones. I really love the idea of fluoro too, as do many PSers. I suppose though, that if an I is ok with you and the stone is eye clean, I would choose option number 4 because it's largest.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

fluor is too cool! go for it!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love fluor!

'Flour' is the stuff you bake with though. ;)) :)

diamondloveaffair

Shiny_Rock

Don't think the $1500 increase is worth it for 1 color and clarity grade upgrade. Go for the I's.

esmond

Rough_Rock
Re: Final 4 help -To Fluor or not to Fluor that is the quest

thanks for all the replys!!!

LMAO ... didnt realize I said Flour until you mentioned it HAHAHA :shock:

was so excited

that being said I have axed out the higher color blue diamond ... guess its down to 3

anymore insight would be eternally grateful!!!

I would like to go with the larger diamond but for some reason I think the blue effect is too amazing.

Do ladies love that affect as much as I do?

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

Since all are exceptionally cut, I'd always go for the bigger one!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock

I like the 1.34. Since all the stones are gorgeous, I would go for the biggest one.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

How color sensitive are you? The bigger the stone the more body color will show. And fluor only helps counteract some body color in UV light (sunlight). I'd take the H personally.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

They are all going to look great, so you can't go wrong either way. Personally, I like fluor. I have a BG Blue I with Medium fluor that replaced an H with negligible (faint) fluor and I actually prefer it to the H I had, but only you can decide what your color tolerancce is.

However, while UV is the most prevalent place fluor will be present to give a fluor stone "boost", of the other "normal" lighting conditions you might find yourself in, fluorescent and CFL lights also emit UV so it may also make some difference there. (It is my personal opinion it does on mine.)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'd only eliminate the 1.208 bec I don't like a 58 table. But the rest..wow. If you like the 1.34 though...wow. That would be my pick. Though I do wish it was a blue!

esmond

Rough_Rock

Seems like everyone is voting for the larger one =p

@bastetcat - thanks for the input on going with the blue ... to be honest I dont know how my GF feels about the fluorescence but for some reason it just resonates to my inner core.

I love the idea that in certain lighting conditions it will appear a different hue ... to me thats amazing and should actually cost alot more as long as it is not cloudy (none of the BG blue line are so it takes the risk away).

That being said almost everyone loves the bigger diamond ... being an owner of a Blue diamond would you choose the 1.211 Blue or the 1.340 H&A if you were to buy one?

Are you in a place with similar ambient outdoor lighting like California?

Does your blue sparkle more so than your regular H?

If anyone knows "OCgirl" can you please direct her to this thread?

THANK YOU so much all !!!

I love this forum so much and I am a guy ... its truly a magical place =p

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

esmond|1367018581|3435243 said:
Seems like everyone is voting for the larger one =p

@bastetcat - thanks for the input on going with the blue ... to be honest I dont know how my GF feels about the fluorescence but for some reason it just resonates to my inner core.

I love the idea that in certain lighting conditions it will appear a different hue ... to me thats amazing and should actually cost alot more as long as it is not cloudy (none of the BG blue line are so it takes the risk away).

That being said almost everyone loves the bigger diamond ... being an owner of a Blue diamond would you choose the 1.211 Blue or the 1.340 H&A if you were to buy one?

Are you in a place with similar ambient outdoor lighting like California?

Does your blue sparkle more so than your regular H?

If anyone knows "OCgirl" can you please direct her to this thread?

THANK YOU so much all !!!

I love this forum so much and I am a guy ... its truly a magical place =p

Esmond- it's really hard to say. If it were me, and I was going with an I, I'd probably choose one with fluor as opposed to without it, but I really think it could be a case by case basis and I'd just have to see an I without the fluor to know how I'd feel about it. With no feel for how color sensitive your GF might be, I'd probably go with the H to be safe and consider it an extra bonus it has fluor.

One thing is you COULD do is talk to them about having both shipped to you to look at if your budget will allow for that, and then send back whichever one doesn't work out for a refund. :) It's a fairly extravagant option, but would allow you to view the I and see how you feel about it, and about the size difference between them.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have an H color stone with medium to strong blue, and I LOVE it, and I would probably make sure I go with that trait again next time. It's something that if you don't know you have it, you probably won't know til you catch it glowing, but it's such a neat natural feature.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results