shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Yellow Diamond? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KateV.V.

Rough_Rock
I am about to get engaged, but after weeks of searching we still haven't found the right ring. I like the colorless diamonds, but have found that I am in LOVE with Fancy Yellow colored diamonds. I've been educating myself and talking with several jewelers but still haven't found what I'm looking for.

I have yet to meet a jeweler who really knows what I'm looking for, so its been a frustrating process. I am willing to invest a lot of money into this ring and I want it to last a lifetime. The large jewelers who seem to specialize in colored stone just charge too much (i.e. Graff).

Any advice on who to talk to (I live in Chicago) or references to refer to? I want to find a stone soon!

We're willing to put about $28,000 into the center stone. I am looking for Fancy Yellow or Fancy Intense Yellow radiant-cut stone. We'd like something around 3 cts.
PLEASE HELP!

(And in case you're curious, I'm planning to surround the yellow stone by two colorless, radiant cut Trapezoids.)

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Is that the price range for approx. a 3 carat intense yellow? I thought they were quite a bit more?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate,

David, from diamondsbylauren posts here from time to time. I think he specializes in yellow diamonds. You may want to check him out as well.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kate,
I never traveled much to Chicago- maybe others have experiences to share......

I would say that the finer stores in Chicago will likely charge quite well over $12k per carat for a well cut 3 carat Intense Yellow.
If you went with Fancy Yellow- you''d likely find the prices about 25% lower.
Since there''s not really list, you may also find a lot of yellows which are in the 2.75-2.99 range. The absence of a list means there''s really not a large drop off in price between a 3.00, and 2.99

Of course the finer stores also usually sell the ring and diamond as a unit.
That''s something I''d suggest- because trying to put a ring like this together piecemeal can be quite an adventure.
A $28,000 diamond is not neccesarily something you want to experiment with.

Thanks Catmom!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Have you tried Scheiner Diamonds online? We bought a GIA graded fancy yellow from them (MUCH MUCH smaller than you are looking for of course) and it is gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results