shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band help...choices choices!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jo_c

Rough_Rock
K, here are the rings I am considering... My budget was originally under $2K.

I went to Jared to get an idea of what size/style, etc. I wanted. Definitely decided on full eternity, channel setting, round...

Jared:
Jared ring was $2100 in 18K white gold, 2 ctw, 21 stones (so 0.095 each)...H/SI1...anyone know if their carat weights are estimates? and how what their margin is? ie, could this be a 1.87 ctw?

Signed Pieces..
The closest I can find is this...
http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=1559

$2989
8.gif
in size 6, 18K, 1.99 ctw 22 stones (0.09 each) and obviously better cut, F-G, VVS-VS.

Can anyone tell me if you have to pay sales tax when buying from Signed Pieces out of state?

Or...
Should I consider going down in carat size and going with Signed Pieces? What would you do? I sort of like the bigger stones. I did try on a 1 ct similar style at Jared, but the stones were much smaller, and I really prefered the bigger stones. They were probably 2-3 pointers. If I do go down in carat weight, should I try and stick with larger stones? Am I going to notice a big difference between a 7 pointer and 9.5 pointer? I cannot find any rings locally that are this combination...argh. Any pictures?
Basically, is the extra shine of the sgined pieces cut probably worth going down in carat weight and stone size? After reading here I hate to buy Jared, but that price is nice and i like the ring visually...bling wise.
19.gif

Thanks so much for your time and expertise. This site is great!! I love seeing all the pictures!!!bb
30.gif

Jo

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Jo and welcome to PS.

my vote is to go with a signedpieces ring. they have an excellent return policy so if you are unhappy you can return it easily enough. they used to have a trade up policy too, don''t know if they still do, but that way you can buy what you can afford now and then down the road trade the ring in for a bigger band. I also don''t think you have to pay sales tax at the time of purchase when you are out of state, although I do believe you are required to claim it when filing your taxes.

jo_c

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I sent a special request to Signed Pieces for a 1.5 to 2 ctw GH, VS. Perhaps that will bring it down more into my budget, and im sure the cut will make up for the slight step down in the color/clarity...especially in a channel setting...do ya think?
33.gif

Jo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results