shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band- Basket shared prong or non-basket?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

inlove8

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I have a major headache in deciding which setting to go with for my eternity band that will be about .13 pointers per diamond. I heard the basket setting isn''t as comfortable compared to the non basket setting.
Can I get some input from eternity band owners?

Much appreciated!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I personally think it all depends on who manufactures the setting. I had an eternity band and was dead set on the basket settng but didn''t want to pay for Tiffany. The one I ended up with was beautiful, but NOT comfortable as it sat too high off my finger.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/eternity-band-help-again-please.81217/

That is my thread that shows pictures.

However, if you get one of the low set models (i.e. Tiffany or custom maybe) then I would say it wouldn''t be any more/less comfortable than a standard shared prong setting.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, it's really just a personal preference. Are there any criteria you have for a ring? Do you need for it to sit low? Are you worried about comfort?

basket settings do tend to sit up higher, which is why there is the comfort factor, but many prefer the look of a basket setting with larger stones in an eternity band. Have you considered something like a u-prong? I think that would look nice with 13-point stones--it would showcase the diamonds and there wouldn't be as much metal like there is in basket or traditional shared prong setting, plus it would sit a little lower.

inlove8

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your responses!
I do prefer the basket look of the eternity band. But I guess I''m also wondering how durable the basket setting is compared to the other setting where there is a lot more metal besides the comfort factor.
The eternity band will be set in platinum.

dmus

Shiny_Rock
I had a shared U prong eternity made for my wife which she loves. Part of the attraction is the side view of the diamonds the U prong exposes. It also only sits up 2.6 mm which I believe is low. It has E-F 10 point diamonds all in ideal cut. Here''s the link. I had a great experience with Quest.

Eternity ring

Good luck.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 10:55:22 AM
Author: October2008bride
I personally think it all depends on who manufactures the setting.

totally agree. I prefer the look of the basket setting but really would only get it if I could get the low Tiffany version or maybe have Leon make one. otherwise, i''d get a low setting shared prong like Memoire makes.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
i JUST picked up custom made platinum shared prong eternity band with 12 pointers made by Maytal hannah. i won't have pics until this weekend... but it is basket set just like the tiffany's one and it is SUPER low and VERY comfortable. I tied on the ones at signed pieces and also went to Michael C. fina and tried on about half a dozen different brands with baskets or u style prongs. i found the tiffany basket lowest and most comfy... but no way would I spend that $$.

Compared to the one at tiffanys...it is even MORE comfortable... plus Maytal's price was MUCH better.

If you go to her website it is style #25 but the picture makes it look like it is way more metal. My actual ring is so delicate! website is maytalhannah.com

I got colorless (F or better) VVS stones... but it would have been a bit less expensive if I went with f-G color and VS clarity.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting it made by Maytal... it took less than 6 weeks even though they had to special order my higher color grade stones!

i have 3 pieces done by leon mege and i must say the workmanship of this basket eternity band is equivalent!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results