shape
carat
color
clarity

Ering pave thinner than wedding band

redroze

Shiny_Rock
I'm purchasing this Beverly K setting to go with a 1.3-1.5 round brilliant. My wedding band is pave and milgrain as well but is 2 mm. Will that look weird that the ering pave is smaller? It seems to be about 1.3mm though I can't find any references to how thin the BK band is, just a carat weight which includes the pave on the front and the underside of the shank.

http://www.greenwichjewelers.com/sh.../beverley-k-cathedral-diamond-engagement-ring

http://www.beverleyk.com/engagement-rings/engagement-sets/rtj008-c-d-d-cz.html

I like the non matchy sets on this post but not sure if it will look odd with pave.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thick-wedding-bands-with-thin-erings.158163/

Btw I went to look at cushions and didn't like the look at all! Loved the rounds much much more.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Visually, at least to me, it balances out because the thinner band has the large stone ...
also has a better "feel" - more luxe [or lush] and interesting than matchy-matchy.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on you. I think many people would be fine with it. But some would be bothered.

I'm glad you decided to go with a round. I think it is a better choice for you.

redroze

Shiny_Rock
Yup I think so!! Gypsy I totally think you're right. I went to Tiffany's and Birks (Canadian equivalent) yesterday and flat out hated the cushions. It really surprised me as the PS cushions look so great!! Rounds are super classic and you can't go wrong with it.

Okay good point about the variation Jimmianne. Thanks!

Okay Chris from ERD is going to do a custom...he said the Bev K's are mass produced and the custom would be better. Chris is AWESOME. I'll ask him what he thinks about matching the thickness.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mass produced isn't a bad thing. Just want to say. The quality can be excellent and has to be consistent. And Beverly K in particular does a great job. Also Beverly K does custom, and does it well and affordably.

That said, I have a custom setting myself, and if that's what you want ERD has a great reputation on the boards for it. So you are in good hands.

I think matching the thickness-- or within .2mm of it is a good idea if you want to be conservative.

redroze

Shiny_Rock
Okay thanks! Yup I was drooling over the Bev K thread. Beautiful pieces no doubt. My wedding band and original e-ring were Natalie Ks...so I know the quality can be there. It's probably just easier to match the melee size and shank to my wedding band. We'll see what he says.

By the way you're the one who recommended seeing it in person in my other thread, so I have you to thank for that. I was thisclose to buying a beautiful x factor cushion. So I'm glad I made the effort to go there. Your honesty is refreshing...I tend to get along with people like that. Noticed your comments on other threads and mine. You're a very valuable asset to this forum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results