shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring offer

lalamopr

Rough_Rock
Hi:

I just want to make sure I have a good offer for an engagement ring. This is the info:

.83 carat, excellent cut, color I and clarity VS2. Also I enter the cut info to the Holloway cut adviser tool and the stone got an 1.5 score. This is very good. The stone is GIA Certified.

They are offering me this diamond in a 14k white gold tyffany style setting for $2,800 and free insured shipping.

Thanks for your advice!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The equivalent stones I saw on JA are running in the low $3000 so it sounds like you have a good price. Does it have fluorescence?

Edit - I see you are getting it on-line. There are other things that affect the price like return policy, other images available,
upgrade policies, etc.

Have you seen a picture of the stone? Just wondering.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is the GIA lab report number.

And why is it being offered to you at that price. Is it second hand?

lalamopr

Rough_Rock
Hi! The online retailer is B2C Jewels. And yes. It has Strong Blue Fluorescence. The stone is not pre owned. As for the fluorescence I have read mixed reviews of that. Here is a study of GIA about it: http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=GIA/Page/GGArticleDetail&pagename=GST/Dispatcher&cid=1355958320246

The GIA certificate number is 5156860890.

They have a good 30 days money back guarantee and a full year warranty.

For the price I think I can't be nitpicking about the fluorescence.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strong fluoro does bring the price down a lot. Ask B2C if the fluoro makes it look hazy.

lalamopr

Rough_Rock
For about $80 more they have a .81 carat with medium blue fluorescence. All the other characteristics are the same as the .83 stone. The only difference is .02 carats and the fluorescence.

What is a better option?

lalamopr

Rough_Rock
They get back to me and say the stone is eye clean with no negative effect for the fluoro

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably a pretty good deal then (IMO).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results