shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring milgrain and mold?

krish82

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

So fiancé and I are getting my engagement ring customize... We've ran into a couple of problems already by them saying that they cannot add a milgrain around the halo, then when we were about to cancel, they suddenly said that they are able to. Anyway, my fiancé saw the mold today (we live far away from each other, so he's taking care of it all on his own). The mold doesn't have the milgrain that I like yet, so I'm guessing that it will be added once they start making the ring? And about the tiny diamonds for the halo... With this design that they made, is it possible to add little prongs to hold the small diamonds in? Because I think they have decided that they will add the small diamonds without prongs... Any advice? Here are some photos of the mold and the picture of our ring inspiration!

p.s. We are already engaged, and thanks in advance!

_16018.jpg

_16019.jpg

_16020.jpg

redroze

Shiny_Rock
The mold is just for the ring form...the milgrain is normally hand applied afterwards. Ask them to be sure...if they cast the milgrain it can be more blobby and less delicate. Yea they will bead set the halo pave afterwards. Best to check with them though.

Nice inspiration pic...Single Stone am I right?

krish82

Rough_Rock
Yes! Singlestone! to be honest we should've even went with Singlestone if we knew that the price was going to be close. Thanks for your advice!

redroze

Shiny_Rock
I've never been to SS but I've read their simpler designs can be 6k...are you paying close to that?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You don't want cast milgrain. They hand apply it afterward when it is done right!

krish82

Rough_Rock
Well since we cannot back out from kays due to our down payment, the price is actually not that different... I contacted SS when we were thinking about canceling our order, and SS gave me a price of $4,000 for the setting 18k rose gold, my stone is 0.71, while Adiamor (where we got my stone) gave us a price of $1,595 18k rose gold but with a modified simpler side deign so that my wedding band can sit flush. I'm posting pictures of the actual side design from Single Stone which cost $4,000, and the simple design and was priced at $1,595 by Adiamor.

get-attachment.png

ring_120.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
KAYs if making this for you?

I've got my fingers crossed for you.

krish82

Rough_Rock
Yeah I thought so too Gypsy! It's nice to know more about jewelries lol

krish82

Rough_Rock
Yes. Kays... That is one of the reasons why we wanted to cancel... but so far so good, and this Kay's doesn't have any complains so far. I'm still nervous... but hopefully it will all work out, especially that my fiance is very positive and would rather not start all over again... lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results