shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut specs and photos -- feedback please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Opinions, please on this .57 EC specs and photo? Thanks!
Ideal
E
VS1
GIA
Depth: 65.3%
Table: 59.0%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Good
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.53*4.15*2.71
Ratio: 1.33

801-365PIC.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
much better than the other one.
some questions need to be answered:
IS or ASET image?
Crown height?
How much of the girdle is thin?
Any face up effects of the good symmetry?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm no expert, but strm should be along some time to comment. I resized a bit for better viewing.
1.gif

lol Nevermind.
9.gif

801-365PIC1.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Ellen, for resizing the photo. I''ll get the IS/ASET photos from the vendor and post them. And, thanks, Storm, for the list of questions to ask the vendor re symmetry, etc.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see any red flags at this point. The IS and ASET will help check for light leakage and light return while the Sarin report will provide the crown height.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2009 7:04:06 PM
Author: Ellen
I''m no expert, but strm should be along some time to comment. I resized a bit for better viewing.
1.gif

lol Nevermind.
9.gif
I think it looks great in the pic!!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everybody, I think it looks pretty good, too. I hope I get the ASET/IS images soon!

I''m planning to set the stone I choose in a tension or halo setting, just fyi, if that makes a difference on girdle, dimensions, etc.

Here is another stone for your feedback, please. I think I figured out how to resize the photos. Here goes.

E
VS1
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Very Good
Fluorescence None
Measurements 4.08 * 5.45 * 2.83
Table
Crown
Depth: 69.4%
Table: 63.0%
Girdle: medium
Cutlet: non

e6 58.jpg

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm.. never saw a emerald on a tension setting before, must be interesting. :razz:

But I think for true tension, girdle shld be above medium thickness. No idea how to look at emeralds though.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/6/2009 7:57:54 AM
Author: sarap333
Thanks everybody, I think it looks pretty good, too. I hope I get the ASET/IS images soon!

I''m planning to set the stone I choose in a tension or halo setting, just fyi, if that makes a difference on girdle, dimensions, etc.

Here is another stone for your feedback, please. I think I figured out how to resize the photos. Here goes.

E
VS1
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Very Good
Fluorescence None
Measurements 4.08 * 5.45 * 2.83
Table
Crown
Depth: 69.4%
Table: 63.0%
Girdle: medium
Cutlet: non
This one looks promising, can you get an Idealscope or preferably ASET for this diamond? Also the crown height would be very useful if you can request that too please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results