shape
carat
color
clarity

EGL USA with Angles!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JulieCA

Rough_Rock
I keep seeing EGL USA certs with the information on the crown and pavilion angles. It has a picture, just like on the HCA website.

Are these accurate?

Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, you can use those angles on the EGL cert for the HCA cut advisor as long as its a round stone.

JulieCA

Rough_Rock
Right. Sorry, I must not have stated my question clearly.

I was under the impression that EGL only provided inaccurate percentage information for the crown and pavilion. I have now seen several EGL USA certs that have the angles listed.

Are these angles accurate? Or are they merely a number generated from a rounded angle %, etc?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The numbers on EGL appear to be reasonably accurate. When you see one angle per stone, you have an average. I don''t know of any regular lab report which gives you all the angles. You''d have more data than you could possibly interpret and no sales person could provide any sort of reasonably complete sales approach. It would take an extraordinary diamond expert to provide meaningful information as to the importance of measuring each angle and reporting it on its own. The impact of minor angle differences is often mitigated by tricks, expertise, of the diamond cutter. Their craft makes minor adjustments to make visual, optical symmetry come out better than what might first appear.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results