shape
carat
color
clarity

Ecstatic About Choosing My E-Ring Diamond And Would Love Your Opinions Please On Which Diamond To Pi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock

Hi everyone! :) I am very, very happy to say that I am currently in the process of choosing my engagement ring diamond. I have finalized my choices between 3 diamonds and all the info for each one is listed below. The pic is big! LoL.

With the info listed below, I know that G is better in color and that VS2 is better than SI1 in quality, but I also want my choice to appear the largest.

I would love your opinions please! :) And if you could please answer the 3 questions below, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!!! :)

1.) Which would you choose out of the 3 below and Why?
2.) Which is the best diamond?
3.) Which would appear the biggest?

3diamondz.JPG

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
P.S. Question # 4.) Under "Clarity Characteristics" from the GIA Report, what does "Cloud, Feather Finish" mean? And what does "Crystal, Feather Finish"?
What is the difference between the two? And which is better?

Thank you again! :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2008 12:37:50 AM
Author: Asscher102

P.S. Question # 4.) Under 'Clarity Characteristics' from the GIA Report, what does 'Cloud, Feather Finish' mean? And what does 'Crystal, Feather Finish'?
What is the difference between the two? And which is better?

Thank you again! :)
Numbers 1 or 3 look good!

As to cloud, feather, finish this actually means with both diamonds listed...

clarity characteristics - cloud, feather
finish ( which refers to polish and symmetry - the finish of the diamond)
polish excellent
symmetry very good

Out of these I would pick the first one if it was verified eyeclean but the first and last could be great diamonds and both will look a similar size.

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
Heyy Lorelei :) Again, thank you so much! When you say to verify that they are eye-clean, how do I do that exactly? I can't see the actual diamond on the site. It's just a typical picture. Is it stated somewhere on the GIA report? Or do I call the company and ask if it is eye-clean? (But if that's what I'm supposed to do, like any other store, I feel they would probably say Yes to sell the diamond). Though I could be wrong! LoL :)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2008 12:05:58 AM
Author:Asscher102

1.) Which would you choose out of the 3 below and Why?
2.) Which is the best diamond?
3.) Which would appear the biggest?
1) I would choose #1. It''s a G (as opposed to H), it will look the biggest, it has excellent polish (compared to #2), it has a medium girdle (as opposed to medium to slightly thick), and I prefer its combination of table/depth/crown/pav compared to the others.

2) Either #1 or #3 would be good diamonds. I personally prefer #1 for the reasons I stated above.

3) #1 will appear the biggest because it has the largest diameter measurement. However, the differences would not be noticeable unless the diamonds were side by side.

Let us know what you end up choosing!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2008 3:57:45 AM
Author: Asscher102
Heyy Lorelei :) Again, thank you so much! When you say to verify that they are eye-clean, how do I do that exactly? I can't see the actual diamond on the site. It's just a typical picture. Is it stated somewhere on the GIA report? Or do I call the company and ask if it is eye-clean? (But if that's what I'm supposed to do, like any other store, I feel they would probably say Yes to sell the diamond). Though I could be wrong! LoL :)
Hi there! You are most welcome!

To check if a diamond is eyeclean, ask the vendor to physically check the stone and make sure they understand your expectations concerning ' eyecleanliness' so that you are both on the same page. For example, if you don't want to see any inclusions from any angle at close scrutiny, make sure you tell them that. Online vendors are very used to answering the eyeclean question as it benefits neither client or vendor to not be honest, so no worries!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for #1!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
1 or 3 would be my pick. #2 looks a lot (numbers wise) like my diamond before I had it recut. It wasn''t a great performer.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results