shape
carat
color
clarity

Does int really make a huge difference????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparky0173

Rough_Rock
My search for a diamond continues. I''m currently considering several stones in the super ideal cut category. My question is whether an HCA score of 0.7 vs 1.1 or 1.5 will produce a huge visual impact? Or whether a result of Very High1 vs. Very High3 in the Brilliancescope will create a huge difference in the beauty of the stone?

I thought about having an appraiser evaluate the stones, but because I still have more than 3 stones I''m considering, so it''s not very economically feesible.

At the superideal level, can I go seriously wrong with just picking a stone or should I still have them professionally evaluated?

Thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2005 4:02:20 AM
Author:Sparky0173

At the superideal level, can I go seriously wrong with just picking a stone
No !
1.gif

Besides the HCA can''t split haris: it just tells ''go ahead'' whenthe score is below 2 and ''think again'' when the scores are more than 2. And this, as much as those numbes can tell. Chances are you coul pick up one of the three as your favorite if you saw them lined up, but it could only be for a very subtle treat of character, not some spectacular difference.

Just my 0.2, of course ...

Sparky0173

Rough_Rock
The problem I have is that all the stones are from different vendors, and I still have one vendor working on finding me the right stone. I''ve looked at Idealscope images and they all look pretty good to me (red with no real areas of light leakage). Some vendors are able to provid Brilliancesope reports and others are not. Some stones are marked H&A and some are not. So this makes comparing apples to apples very difficult. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results