shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone think lower colored diamonds look worse when dirty than colorless diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainierinspring

Rough_Rock
Trade
Recently, someone working in a jewelry store told me she would never wear a lower colored or light fancy colored diamond because they will never lood as good during everyday wear due to normal dirty conditions.... I was considering something very low after seeing one, but now that has me concerned. Thoughts?
20.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think they look worse in my experience, I have an L colour and it doesn't look any worse than my G or H when dirty. If the cut is excellent then any colour grade will look beautiful.

How low were you thinking Rainier? I take it this is a round diamond you are wanting?

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
As a proud owner of a S-T colour diamond, many people has commented how my low coloured diamond out shines and look better than my F-G colour e-ring.... I do clean my rings every 2 days though.... I totally think depends on the cut of the diamond too...

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/1/2009 1:11:49 PM
Author:rainierinspring
Recently, someone working in a jewelry store told me she would never wear a lower colored or light fancy colored diamond because they will never lood as good during everyday wear due to normal dirty conditions.... I was considering something very low after seeing one, but now that has me concerned. Thoughts?
20.gif
HI All!
This is yet another "myth" that some jewelry salespeople try to perpetuate. A shame, as this type of misinformation will be taken as truth by some that hear it.
The only grain of truth in this could be that some manufacturers close off the bottom of light yellow stones with a yellow gold "cup" to increase the perceived color.
In such cases the ring does become very difficult to clean.
I don''t think the salesperson was referring to this, only trying to "un-sell" you from something they probably can''t get.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally agree with David. I own several lower coloured / fancy coloured diamonds. They actually don''t show their dirt as much as a high colour diamond. The only thing they do is show fingerprints more readily!

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/1/2009 1:11:49 PM
Author:rainierinspring
20.gif

Wow! That''s a new one on me... Where do sales people get this junk?

rainierinspring

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks guys! Now I can go back to being completely undecided about color
39.gif
I like F, G,
H or S-T, U-V, W-X
32.gif
I don''t know how I will ever decide what is my favorite for an ering. I go back and forth from chunky cushion to RB and high color to very low..........I like the idea of maximizing my budget for a larger size, so the low colors were very appealing for that reason as well as beauty. Does anyone have an ering in one of these colors? and are you still happy you chose it?
33.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Schmutz is schmutz and it isn''t pretty on any diamond of any color
2.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My D color diamond looks pretty bad when its dirty...like no sparkle at all. It sort of absorbs the light instead of
bounching it back out. I think a dirty diamond is a dirty diamond and its not going to look good no matter what
color it is. (lets just say I spend a lot of time cleaning mine
40.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results