shape
carat
color
clarity

Do Emerald cuts appear small like Asschers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
New piece of information that I''m learning about Asscher cut diamonds is that they appear much smaller than RB''s of the same carat weight. I can believe it now, too, I know the cut and it makes sense that the weight is carried in the belly. A friend at work has a .61 asscher and it''s teeny-tiny (good thing she has dainty fingers so it works). But what I want to know is this: is the same true for an Emerald cut? Asschers are basically Emerald cuts made into squares. I''ve heard that the elongation of the emerald cut can make it look slightly larger than a RB of the same weight. It''s hard to tell with my .90 EC, I think it looks pretty comparable to a friend of mine''s RB of the same exact weight. Then again my EC is cut ever-so-slightly shallow so it faces up pretty large.

But I digress. What do you think?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ECs face up smaller than RBs.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most ECs face up smaller than RBs. ECs tend to have depths anywhere from 60% up to 70% (and sometimes more). RBs have depths of low 50s up to mid 60s.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends on the person viewing them more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results