shape
carat
color
clarity

Dirt Cheap Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vice7792

Rough_Rock
Buying a diamond over the internet can be a nerve-racking experience... Spending thousands of dollars for an item, which may or may not be what you expected can make anyone feel queasy. However, if you choose to buy from Dirt Cheap Diamonds you will have a pleasurable experience and get superior quality diamonds at the lowest price imaginable!

Since most diamond sellers list the 4 C's on their sites, in addition to Certification (where applicable) and Cost, buying a diamond is simply a matter of finding the best combination for you and having Confidence the Company selling you the diamond. Some things you can do to help build your confidence in the seller is: look for the company's membership in the BBB (Better Business Bureau), read reviews like this one, or call the company and speak to a sales associate. In Dirt Cheap Diamonds' case, they are members in good standing of the BBB, have numerous positive reviews, and have the most courteous sales associated (call them and talk to Josh or Jennifer).

Another thing to take note of is most diamond sites get the diamond from a wholesaler, mark-up the price, and sell it to you, the final customer. Because of this you can often find the exact same diamond on different websites for different prices. Many websites, like BlueNile, have a great reputation along with high prices, but Dirt Cheap Diamonds has the lowest prices of any reputable website I have ever seen. In my case, I found the same diamond Dirt Cheap Diamonds was selling for 20% and 50% more on other two other diamond websites.

As a final note, Dirt Cheap Diamonds has a wonderful, easily searchable, website that can answer most of your questions about the company. I guarantee that if you take the time to look around, you will not find a better deal than Dirt Cheap Diamonds. Also, if you would like more information on my personal experience with Dirt Cheap Diamonds, please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]. Thank you, and good luck!

Asschman

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/24/2005 6:51
6.gif
3 PM
Author:vice7792
Buying a diamond over the internet can be a nerve-racking experience... Spending thousands of dollars for an item, which may or may not be what you expected can make anyone feel queasy. However, if you choose to buy from Dirt Cheap Diamonds you will have a pleasurable experience and get superior quality diamonds at the lowest price imaginable!

Since most diamond sellers list the 4 C''s on their sites, in addition to Certification (where applicable) and Cost, buying a diamond is simply a matter of finding the best combination for you and having Confidence the Company selling you the diamond. Some things you can do to help build your confidence in the seller is: look for the company''s membership in the BBB (Better Business Bureau), read reviews like this one, or call the company and speak to a sales associate. In Dirt Cheap Diamonds'' case, they are members in good standing of the BBB, have numerous positive reviews, and have the most courteous sales associated (call them and talk to Josh or Jennifer).

Another thing to take note of is most diamond sites get the diamond from a wholesaler, mark-up the price, and sell it to you, the final customer. Because of this you can often find the exact same diamond on different websites for different prices. Many websites, like BlueNile, have a great reputation along with high prices, but Dirt Cheap Diamonds has the lowest prices of any reputable website I have ever seen. In my case, I found the same diamond Dirt Cheap Diamonds was selling for 20% and 50% more on other two other diamond websites.

As a final note, Dirt Cheap Diamonds has a wonderful, easily searchable, website that can answer most of your questions about the company. I guarantee that if you take the time to look around, you will not find a better deal than Dirt Cheap Diamonds. Also, if you would like more information on my personal experience with Dirt Cheap Diamonds, please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]. Thank you, and good luck!
Is it me, or does this endorsement sound strangely like a marketing brochure? Odd, in light of the recent hullabaloo over endorsements and whatnot.

I am curious, what kind of stone did you get?

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I found it a little odd too.

However, I have made 2 purchases from DCD and I can say that I was never asked to post a glowing review or testimonial either time. There was a mix-up with my last order (an honest mistake by them and they admitted such) and they threw in a little something extra for my troubles at my request without hesitation. They seem to be a very professional bunch over there and I can't imagine that they would put someone up to that kind of glowing testimonial over here at Pricescope. They know that we'd tear it to shreads if it wasn't legit!!
face21.gif

I'm happy that you're happy Vice, I think that most of the featured vendors here work hard to make satisfied customers.

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Asschman,

We don''t solicit testimonials. I don''t know who vice is, other than a very happy customer. Obviously vice enjoyed his/her experience with us and wanted to write a testimonial to drive traffic to our site. That''s fine by me any day of the week :)

Asschman

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/25/2005 12:43:39 PM
Author: YoungPapa
Asschman,

We don''t solicit testimonials. I don''t know who vice is, other than a very happy customer. Obviously vice enjoyed his/her experience with us and wanted to write a testimonial to drive traffic to our site. That''s fine by me any day of the week :)
Fair enough, didn''t mean to cast aspersion on your fine business. I have had friends in the DC-area recommend you guys highly.

vice7792

Rough_Rock
Wow... Although I am surprised to get so many posts in the first day, I am glad to know people are reading my review.

To clear up some concerns:

My name is Gregory Vice, and my remarks were completely my own... Dirt Cheap Diamonds did not put me up to it or have anything to do with what I wrote. They simply provided me with exactly what they promised, in terms of the diamond advertised, along with exceptional customer service throughout the entire nerve-racking process. This, in effect, removed my fear of purchasing a diamond over the internet, and I would gladly do business with Dirt Cheap Diamonds again.

To put some specifics on it:

I had been researching diamonds over the internet at least three hours a day for about nine weeks, and started feeling like I should get some kind of degree in internet gemology. My first experience was with BlueNile, and I immediately liked how I could search for the diamond I wanted rather than be limited to what a local jewelry store would tell me they had available. My only problem was getting over the anxiety of making such a large purchase over the internet, and those local jewelers I mentioned didn't help with that (saying things like: you'll purchase the diamond and what arrives will be fake, and then when you try to send it back they will say it wasn't what they sent you, which means you were trying to cheat the website out of their diamond when, in reality, you were the one being cheated out of your money). At any rate, I was nervous about buying from BlueNile and, as far as I knew, they had done nothing wrong. I figured, since I am not a Certified Gemologist, buying a diamond was taking a risk no matter if it was over the internet or in person at a local jewelry store. Either way, I could be deceived, so to help me feel more "okay" with the risk I looked for the lowest price (back to the internet). I used the Google search engine to look for diamond sellers on the web and went through an exhaustive search for the lowest prices on certified diamonds. This is where I first discovered Dirt Cheap Diamonds. Now, to be fair, I did find some sites with lower prices, but they were either selling diamonds without certification or were not members in good standing of the BBB. When I decided Dirt Cheap Diamonds seemed like the best combination of Cost and Credibility, I called their toll free number and spoke to Jennifer. She was extraordinarily helpful, explaining how I could have the stone sent to an independent appraiser in the area before purchasing, and how I could return the stone if I was not completely satisfied, etc. I felt very comfortable working with Jennifer, and probably called her thirty times over a two-week period. I'd say about 90% of the times I called, Josh was the person to answer the phone, but since Jennifer helped me first I felt I should ask for her. Josh was always very courteous, which is why I felt I should mention him. Anyway, when I finally purchased the diamond (.73 G SI2 Marquise--GIA Certified), the total cost including shipping was less than $1,750, compared to over $4,000 for a similar diamond from the local jeweler. When I showed the local jeweler how much it cost, he said there was no way it could be legitimate. However, according to more than one independent appraiser (in addition to the appriaser recommended by Dirt Cheap Diamonds), it was exactly the specifications stated on the GIA Certificate (i.e. Dirt Cheap Diamonds delivered what they promised).

Looking back on the experience, especially the prices at Dirt Cheap Diamonds, I don't know why anyone would do business elsewhere. As I said before, they removed my fear of purchasing a diamond over the internet, and I would gladly do business with Dirt Cheap Diamonds again.

Thanks for reading, and good luck diamond hunting!

Sincerely,

Gregory Vice
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results