shape
carat
color
clarity

Different earring backs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I may get my mom a pair of 3 prong martini diamond studs, but I don't know if I should get them for her.

She already has a pair of 1.0 ctw 3 prong martini with butterfly backs (or friction backs?) and she struggles with them all the time - I want her to feel comfortable putting on earrings. I don't think the La Poussettes will work either.

She is an older lady and doesn't have arthritis but she's used to putting on the plastic discs on the back of her costume jewelry. Short of using the plastic discs, are there any other earring backs out there that she can use?

TIA!
1.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was thinking of using these hooks but how can that work?

Tiffany Pearl Earring Studs with diamond.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I think that those are called omega backs or an alternate name is French clip. This is so funny because I was thinking of the very same thing today and for the same reasons as you. Wow, deja vu. I think I would see if it was possible to do the omega back because my mother too struggles with smaller earring backs these days.

shay

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are known as omega backs. The french clip is a bit different. Wish I could post a pic, but french clips have the wire and the back clips onto it from the back, thus the name. I love earrings that have omega backs, comfortable and easy to put on and take off. Totally hassle free.
1.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Omega backs are nice, easy to put on...but how can I make it work with diamond studs? Wouldn''t there be a piece going down from the front to hook to the back? Sorry for such a bad description...

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2005 10:25:06 PM
Author: luckyhonu
Omega backs are nice, easy to put on...but how can I make it work with diamond studs? Wouldn''t there be a piece going down from the front to hook to the back? Sorry for such a bad description...
I would think that there would have to be. I don''t know if it could be done, but if the piece was very thin, I think it wouldn''t take much away from the look.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results