shape
carat
color
clarity

Difference between 0.431 and 0.47?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m trying to decide on stones for diamond studs. Is there a noticeable difference between a 0.431 and 0.47?

TIA
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

You would think that four points wouldn't make a difference, but you can actually tell. I have a .38 and a .42 and the smaller stone does look a tad smaller.

I guess it mostly depends upon your budget as to which you would choose, but if possible, I'd go for the .47s.

Michelle

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Are you talking about pairing a .43 with a .47? If so, I'd say that you need to check on the diameter of the stones.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/25/2004 9:33:10 PM Patty wrote:

Are you talking about pairing a .43 with a .47? If so, I'd say that you need to check on the diameter of the stones.----------------

Yep, Patty is right. Carat weight isn't a big a factor as the diameters are. You want to find diamonds with closely matching diameters.
1.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
If you are looking to match a pair, it has to be based on diameter, but there probably is too much difference between .43 and .47. If you are just trying to decide is a .43 pair will look smaller than a .47 pair, that is tougher. Diameter, not carat weight is what matters in both cases. The rule of thumb that I have seen is that .1mm diameter is generally the visible size difference mark, but earrings are less sensitive to everything, color, clarity, and size differences, since you don't view them up close.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results