shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond studs...done tons of research...opinion and ideas...

TnTWalter

Rough_Rock
So I've read this board and others like it. I've scoured rubylane, etsy, ebay, GOG, diamondsbylauren, white flash, jamesallen, fay cullen, lang, and many more...

my goal... 1.2-1.5 ctw H SI1 and better; price $2k-$2500 could go a bit up or down depending on deal and quality.

best deal I've found so far...
1.26ct Round Diamond stud Earrings, about 5.4mm each stud. graded by EGL as H-SI1, certificate included, Excellent brilliance, EYE clean diamonds set in 18kt White Gold, martini, push back, appraisal included. $2280. Opinions?

I did find several that have sold recently on rubylane similar color and clarity but 1.5 for about the same price ... but of what is available right now this is the best I'm finding from a reputable seller.

Anyone have other sources? Thanks.

Trish

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Re: diamond studs...done tons of research...opinion and idea

Trish there is no such thing as a deal with diamonds. You get what you pay for . Especially if you go with an EGL certified stone. Select either White flash/ IDJ or Brian Gavin (or another PS vendor) Get the most ideal cut stones you can within your budget. I promise you you will be soooo much happier with a gorgeous cute pair then one for size. Most of us here have been through several upgrades due mostly to purchasing pooly cut stones and ended up paying through the nose since you do n't get great money for poorly cut stones.

So advice. Pick vendor call them then show us the GIA/AGS certificates and we will help you with final questions on stones.

I swear I know what I'm talking about.....CUT is king in the realm of studs..........

ps my 2.41 are EGL F s1 and they have been indepdently appraised as one H and the other I Clarity .One is I1 and the other si2.

If they were GIA they would probably be worse.

EGL buyer beware.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/diamond-pairs-details.aspx?Diamond1=3061834&Diamond2=3061833
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/diamond-pairs-details.aspx?Diamond1=2949579&Diamond2=3061827

TnTWalter

Rough_Rock

those are quite pretty stones. thanks. i was having a hard time figuring out good matches.

i do disagree there are sometimes good deals. they just are few and far between. but i understand what you're saying. cut is king. thanks.

Trish

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

EGL is false value. You are just ripping yourself off.

TnTWalter

Rough_Rock

good to know about EGL. didn't even notice that. thanks guys.

so those are out....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results