shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond search and proposal timing

How long did you have the e-ring before you proposed?

• Under 1 week

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 1 month or more

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Asschman

Rough_Rock
Not sure if this poll will set-up properly, but I wanted to get a sense of how long people have their e-rings in hand before they actually propose. Since it can take some time to find your ideal diamond, did people start looking well before their intended proposal date? And if they got their ring well ahead of that time, did they just tuck it away somewhere?

Currently trying to figure out how to finesse this timing issue, so I was curious to find out how others handled it. Even though my fiancee to be wants a spring proposal, I''m not sure if I can wait several months if the right stone comes along now.

thanks

Asschman

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I''m betting she won''t complain if you do it earlier--especiallly when you present her with that perfect diamond you found through PS.....!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Good question. Mine's a long story. There's probably lot's of differential, person to person, as to readiness styles, so hopefully you'll soon get some other answers that are "cleaner." But, given 10 - 30 days windows for an ordinary return to a vendor per their policy...it does make the aspect of planning more provocative.

Best wishes

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll tell when i know...
28.gif

Could be 1 week could be a day... Pday is scheduled for about 3 weeks... ring in production as we speak

Asschman

Rough_Rock
thanks to all who have replied. I do have the advantage of knowing the answer to my question beforehand, and based on her personality and reaction to the stones we have looked at I know she will like whatever I get her, but had a hard time envisioning sitting on a ring for months.

Might just have to take her someplace warm before spring comes, since Washington DC isn''t so hot right now.

Asschman

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Received ring at approximately 3 pm. Proposed at around 6 pm.

Wasn''t gonna wait long cuz I had an issue of where to hide it. Plus, that day was just better than others so I rushed it. I had a flexible plan in which several backup ideas were around so I just kinda did what I could w/ my time limit.

Finding that ring takes a much longer time than you may think. I''d try and get it early and hide it over try and do it all on the same day like me.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock

A little more complicated time line for me.

1) Looking/Learning/Shopping/deciding - 6 months before proposal

2) Got Sapphire - 3 months before proposal

3) Got side diamonds - 2 months before proposal

4) Got ring (custom setting) - 2 days before Proposal

Fiancee to be

Rough_Rock
Personally I don''t even like to start planning the proposal until after I have the ring. No need to set yourself a deadline and then have to rush the purchase to meet it. Take your time in order to find the perfect stone. Just my opinion.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Websailor proposed without an e-ring. I just switched my 2.05 D-VS2 Oval from my right hand to my left until we went shopping together for an e-ring two weeks later. I actually preferrred it this way so I could pick the stone I wanted.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm, I didn''t answer your poll cause you don''t have negative timeline options! My fiance proposed a little over a month before he got the ring, and once he got it, it was on my finger that evening! We were Christmas shopping together that day and I couldn''t figure out why he was acting so giddy - Cause he had the ring in his coat pocket the entire time and couldn''t wait to give it to me!

GETanEDGE

Rough_Rock
Got the engaement ring over Christmas....

....can''t propose until April!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don''t know what the heck I was thinking buying it so early! It is truly painful holding on the a secret that big for so long. I guess the bright side (and the bad side for that matter) is that it gives me plenty of time to plan out what I''m gonna do. I also have to do the whole "fly out to the parents" thing.....I''m old fashioned that way.

My plan is coming together suberbly so far, and I know exactly what I''m gonna do, but the wait is killing me!!!!
Hope I can make it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we helped pick out the ring and design it together, so i knew it was coming....he literally picked it up that afternoon and we went to dinner that night where he did the dirty deed. so where is the 'less than 1 day' option?
9.gif

that said, the proposal happened in late jan and we started looking at rings and researching in october...so about 4 months total for the process. oh and also inventory was much better when we were looking than it is in general now. so i would add a bit more time if you do have it and don't want to be rushed into finding a stone.

asblackrock

Shiny_Rock
25 years ago my husband proposed before he bought the ring, so I am another person needing a negative time scale.

This made it no less romantic - a ring should not make or break the desire to spend a lifetime together!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results